Hot tea is a great home remedy for a sore throat, even my doctor prescribes it when I’m suffering from a bout of strep or severe allergies. One of my favorite teas to drink when I’m sick is from Starbucks- Venti Honey Citrus Mint Tea- not only delicious but also runs about $5 a pop. That can add up pretty quickly when my throat bothers me for a week or two! In efforts to avoid going broke with daily Starbucks runs, I created my own version of the popular “Medicine Ball Tea”.
Related: 5 Ways to Eat More Lemons
If you’ve ever been sick and really jonesing for your Starbucks fix of that, oh so delicious, “Medicine Ball” hot tea, then you will love this Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea recipe. I’ve tweaked mine a bit to my preference which is to eliminate the peach flavor and double up on the citrus mint instead.
I am loving this version and not at all feeling guilty about splurging because I can make it at home whenever I want!
If you love Starbucks’ Medicine Ball Tea, aka the Citrus Defender, then you must head to your local grocery store and pick up these 3 ingredients (4 if you prefer the peach flavor) and get to feeling better in no time!
Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Ingredients:
- 2 bags Teavana Jade Citrus Mint
- Teavana Peach Tranquility (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Hot Lemon Juice (I use Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Organic Honey (adjust to personal sweetness preference)
- Pour 20 ounces of hot water over 2 bags of tea. I prefer 2 bags of Teavana Jade Citrus Mint. If you like the peach flavor in the Starbucks version, then pour your hot water over 1 bag of Teavana Jade Citrus Mint and 1 bag of Teavana Peach Tranquility.
- Add 1 tbsp. of hot lemon juice to your tea. Heat the lemon juice in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of pure organic honey. Adjust to your personal sweetness preference.
- Stir and enjoy.
What’s your favorite type of hot tea when you’re sick? Share in the comments below.
Buy On Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.