Every Christmas I love making special holiday-themed crafts with my son so that he can give them to grandparents and other family members. Sometimes we make handprint Christmas cards or festive DIY ornaments. This year I decided to combine the two and make a Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament.
This is a quick little craft that your little one can be a part of with not only their handprint but also decorating it to look like a Christmas tree. Let them get creative and use glitter, markers, and crayons to personalize their gift. Don’t forget to document the year and name of your sweet little artist.
Related: DIY Snowman Ornaments
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
- Construction Paper
- Mini Bows (Walmart)
- Glue Stick
- Hot Glue Gun
- Single Hole Punch
- Child’s Picture
- Red Ribbon (Walmart)
- Laminator or Laminating Sheets
Related: DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament Directions:
- Trace your child’s hand on a piece of green construction paper and cut it out. This will be the Christmas “tree”.
- Cut out 3 small squares to make Christmas presents for under the picture. Add a strip of contrasting paper down the center to 2 of the boxes to look like presents.
- Glue your child’s picture at the bottom of the handprint. Glue the 2 presents on either side. Place the third box at the bottom of the picture. This will be where you write your message or child’s name and year.
- Laminate the entire handprint and then cut excess. Punch a hole at the top and string a piece of red ribbon through.
- Using hot glue, attach 2-3 mini bows at the top of the presents and the top of the picture.
Gift these adorable Christmas Tree Handprint Ornaments to grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, or teachers. Make sure to get your little one involved so they feel extra proud when they gift it to their favorite person.
Related: Christmas Lollipop Candies
Have you made a Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament this year? Share your experience, comments, and pictures on Instagram.
Buy on Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018