Crafting is one of the most enjoyable Christmastime activities there is. Eating yummy treats is about a close second. Making these Christmas Lollipop Candies combines both of these holiday pleasures. They only need 6 ingredients so they’re super simple to make and they taste delicious. These ones are peppermint flavored but other extracts could be used to create different tastes. These Christmas Lollipop Candies can also double as DIY holiday decorations.
- 2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 C. Light Corn Syrup
- ½ C. Water
- 1½ tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 7-9 Drops of Green Food Coloring
- Candy Sprinkles
Related: DIY Christmas Tree Wrapping Paper
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy thermometer *optional but recommended
- Wooden spoon
- Small metal spoon
- Measuring cup
- Tin foil
- Baking sheets
1. Line 2 to 3 baking sheets with tin foil.
2. Open lollipop sticks and sprinkles and set aside in order to access quickly and easily.
3. Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a pan.
4. Stir over medium heat with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves.
5. Increase heat and boil for about 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid reaches 300 degrees (hard crack stage) on a candy thermometer.
**If you don’t have a candy thermometer you can test for the mixture’s readiness by dropping a little bit of it into a glass of water. It’s ready if it forms a brittle ball.
6. Carefully remove from heat and stir in food coloring and flavoring.
7. Slowly pour liquid from glass measuring cup onto the tin foil lined baking sheets in freeform tree or wreath shapes.
** Important: Use a small spouted measuring cup or shapes will spread too wide onto the pan. You can line your measuring cup with tin foil and hand form a small spout by pinching the foil.
8. Press sticks and candy sprinkles into trees and wreaths right away as liquid hardens quickly. Use the back of a small spoon as liquid is very hot.
9. Cool shapes to room temperature (15 to 20 minutes).
**Start cleanup process right away as liquid is difficult to clean once it hardens.
10. Remove from foil and add ribbon to wreaths if desired or wrap lollipops in plastic bags.
**Makes 2 to 3 dozen candies.
Related: Eco-Friendly Gifts
These tasty and pretty Christmas Lollipop Candies are fun to make and have an old-fashioned appeal to them. They’re a nice treat for both kids and adults. You can experiment with not only different flavors but also with different shapes and colors!
Related: DIY Sock Garland Advent Calendar
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications - July 18, 2018
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018