Lately, I have been all about DIY – I’m planning my wedding and it seems like there’s always something to DIY. This week, it’s a picture frame that’s part of a larger project (more info to come later). But you don’t have to be planning a wedding to appreciate this DIY.
You can easily buy a distressed picture frame from TJMAXX or Ross but where’s the fun in that? This simple DIY takes any old wooden frame and gives it a rustic, coastal feel.
- Sandpaper – P150
- White Acrylic Paint
- Wooden Picture Frame
- Paint Brush – Amazon
Step 1: Using the sandpaper, sand all surfaces of the picture frame. This allows the paint to sit better on the frame.
Step 2: Apply 2 coats of paint to the surfaces of the frame, making sure to cover all the crevices, inside and out.
Step 3: When the paint is completely dry, using your sandpaper, sand the surface and edges of the frame. This final step is what creates the distressed look of the frame. Continue sanding until the distress is to your liking.
For a more coastal look, try using a blue or green tinted white color.
Related: DIY Wooden Growth Chart
I have used this technique on frames from the dollar store and frames found at a thrift store. Any money spent was on the frame itself because I already had white paint and sandpaper (from Dollar Tree). I also love this because I was able to use reuse old frames and make them into something cute!
Would you attempt this simple distressed Picture Frame DIY? Let me know in the comments below!
Related: Simple DIY Soy Candles
- DIY Holiday Potpourri Gift Jar - November 16, 2017
- DIY Yarn Pumpkin Wreath - November 9, 2017
- DIY Glam Makeup Storage - November 2, 2017
- October Ipsy Review - October 26, 2017
- Trying Harry’s Shave Set - October 19, 2017
- Why I Buy Cruelty-Free - October 11, 2017
- Makeup Empties and Reviews - October 4, 2017
- DIY Fall Flower Crowns - September 29, 2017
- Nerdy Wedding Ceremony Ideas - September 27, 2017
- September Ipsy Review - September 22, 2017