News flash!! I may be a little late to the party, but I’m newly obsessed with celery juice. Ok, maybe way late but hey, better late than never. This blend of Cucumber Lemon Celery Juice is now one of my favorite morning rituals. You can check out my recipe below.
I know there’s been a lot of speculation lately regarding the celery juice trend. I have wondered whether there are any real benefits from just plain ole celery juice. Some of the most popular studies say it may reduce inflammation, constipation, puffiness, bloating, and water retention, help fight infection, and boost immunity. Blah, blah blah!!
More Drink Recipes: Cranberry Mango & Cranberry Kale Smoothie
Who really knows if it does all that it’s promised? What we do know, is that when combined with other fruits and vegetables, celery, and its other healthy cohorts can be very beneficial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Especially when juiced. I know that when I juice my fruits and veggies, I tend to consume more than I normally would have in a day’s time.
From this recipe alone there are so many health benefits. Celery, for one, contains vitamins A, K, and C. As well as potassium and folate. Spinach is full of antioxidants, iron, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. Also in this recipe—are lemons, which contain vitamin C, fructose, fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and copper, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B6, folate, and pantothenic acid. Grapes provide vitamins C and K. Finally, cucumbers. They’re packed with vitamins K, B, and C and minerals like copper, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. No one can argue the benefits of all that healthiness so why not juice all these delicious fruits and veggies!
More Drink Recipes: Chocolate Almond Milk Shake
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of green grapes
- 1/4 cucumber (peeled)
- 1 lemon (peeled)
- 1 cup of spinach
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 pinches of ground cayenne pepper
- Thoroughly wash all fruits and vegetables before juicing to remove any dirt or chemicals.
- Remove stems and peel all necessary fruits and veggies.
- For best juicing results, use fresh and firm fruits and vegetables.
- Add small handfuls at a time to the juicer.
- Add ice, salt, & cayenne pepper to the juicing cup.
- Stir occasionally to mix in the salt & cayenne pepper.
- Once juicing is complete, pour the contents of the juicing cup over ice and enjoy!
- When using leafy greens, roll into a ball before feeding through the chute. Then follow with harder vegetables. This allows for more juice to be extracted from the greens.
- Place a plastic or biodegradable pulp bag in the pulp collector for easier cleaning.
- Stay away from juicing bananas and avocados. They will clog your juicer and don’t provide much if any juice.
- Save your pulp and add to smoothies, soups, or casseroles. You can freeze it in an ice cube tray and use it later!
- If you’ve got limp celery or white carrots, place in a bowl of ice water for 20-30 minutes prior to juicing. This helps the veggie absorb some of the moisture that’s been lost, which is better for juicing.
More Drink Recipes: Simple Strawberry Lemonade & Berry Sparkling Drinks
What are some of your favorite juices? If you like mine, please pin and share.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.