I’ve always loved gardening whether it was vegetable gardening or tending to houseplants. Like most moms, I’ve never had as much free time as I would have liked to spend cultivating my backyard oasis, but with more time at home because of Covid, I’ve managed to step up my green thumb game. Whether it’s gardening, crafting, cooking, or any other hobby or task, the process is always more productive and satisfying when you have the right tools to accomplish your goal. These 5 Must-Have Gardening Tools will make your gardening time more constructive and enjoyable.
Related: Easy Plant Propagation
5 Must-Have Gardening Tools
- Edward Tools Soil Scoop: This extra-large soil scoop makes repotting plants so much easier. It’s not a shovel, it’s a stainless steel ergonomic designed scooper that lets you move a lot of dirt from point A to point B. It’s a huge time and saver.
- Vigoro Heavy Duty Planter Saucers: Every plant enthusiast hates when water runs through the planter after watering their houseplant beauties. These Vigoro heavy-duty planter saucers are durable and come in different sizes. They’re also super cheap so I always keep a few extras on hand.
- Velcro One-Wrap Garden Ties: These cut to size strips are gentle on plants and are made from recycled plastic. The width and sturdiness make them perfect for staking everything from tomato plants to viny flowers and drooping houseplants.
- Fiskars Multi-Purpose Garden Shears: These garden shears really are multi-purpose! The stainless-steel blades let you cut plastic soil and fertilizer bags, landscape fabric, burlap, twine, light rope, wire, tape, and so much more. It also has a built-in scissors sharpener and a bottle opener. The shears even come apart so you can use the blades as a knife for cutting large objects.
- Miracle-Gro Fast Root: This powder is a dry powder rooting hormone that lets you transplant cuttings right from cut to soil. Take a 4-6” stem cutting, dip in the rooting powder, and plant right into moist soil. There’s no need to soak in water for weeks before letting roots develop.
Whether you’re an avid gardener or a novice, these 5 Must-Have Gardening Tools will help you get more done with less frustration. You’ll be able to spend more time admiring your plants and all the fruits of your green thumb!
What’s your favorite gardening tool? Which has saved you the most time or frustration? Please share in the comments section.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.