I’m always trying to come up with quick and easy meals for my little J. Quick and easy meals that also hide the greens! That’s when I came up with these Toddler Mini Pizzas with hidden veggies.
When J was eating purees, he gobbled down any and all veggies green, orange, and yellow. Lately though, he’s become a much pickier eater. Getting my toddler to eat his veggies is literally like pulling teeth.
My solution to this age-old problem…hide the veggies where he can’t see them!
One of his favorite meals is cheese pizza. It’s also one of momma’s favorites because I can make a bunch at one time and freeze them. To reheat, I just pop one or two of these Toddler Mini Pizzas in the toaster oven for a few minutes and violà.
What You Need:
-Whole wheat or multi-grain bread
-Tomato paste or pizza sauce (my favorite is Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce)
-Shredded cheese of choice (J likes mozzarella but when I’m out of that, I use cheddar)
-Vegetables of choice blended in a magic bullet or finely chopped
-Round drinking glass
- Roll each slice of bread with your rolling pin to make it as flat as possible.
- Press your drinking glass into bread to make perfectly round circles. This will be the crust.
- Spread about a tablespoon of tomato paste or sauce onto crust.
- Next, spread your veggie mixture onto crust.
- Drop about a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of veggies (the cheese hides the veggies).
- Heat in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and serve.
Sometimes I get adventurous and add shredded chicken or ground beef under the cheese and little J is none the wiser. If your little one fights eating veggies like mine, these Toddler Mini Pizzas are sure to be a hit. Happy Hiding!
Does your toddler avoid veggies at all costs? Let me know in the comments below if you have any clever and yummy ways to hide the veggies.
Pin for Later:
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- How to Teach a Toddler the Alphabet - June 18, 2018
- Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste - June 11, 2018
- 17 Best Cloth Diapering Accessories - June 4, 2018
- Homemade Coconut Aluminum-Free Deodorant - May 29, 2018
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018
- 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips - May 18, 2018
- DIY Coconut Larabars - May 14, 2018
- How to Use a Prefold Diaper on Your Baby - May 7, 2018
- Shape Recognition Activity - April 30, 2018
- DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play - April 23, 2018