I’m always trying to come up with quick and easy meals for my little J. Quick and easy meals that also hide the greens! That’s when I came up with these Toddler Mini Pizzas with hidden veggies.
When J was eating purees, he gobbled down any and all veggies green, orange, and yellow. Lately though, he’s become a much pickier eater. Getting my toddler to eat his veggies is literally like pulling teeth.
My solution to this age old problem…hide the veggies where he can’t see them!
One of his favorite meals is cheese pizza. It’s also one of momma’s favorites because I can make a bunch at one time and freeze them. To reheat, I just pop one or two of these Toddler Mini Pizzas in the toaster oven for a few minutes and violà.
What You Need:
-Whole wheat or multi-grain bread
-Tomato paste or pizza sauce (my favorite is Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce)
-Shredded cheese of choice (J likes mozzarella but when I’m out of that, I use cheddar)
-Vegetables of choice blended in a magic bullet or finely chopped
-Round drinking glass
- Roll each slice of bread with your rolling pin to make it as flat as possible.
- Press your drinking glass into bread to make perfectly round circles. This will be the crust.
- Spread about a tablespoon of tomato paste or sauce onto crust.
- Next, spread your veggie mixture onto crust.
- Drop about a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of veggies (the cheese hides the veggies).
- Heat in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and serve.
Sometimes I get adventurous and add shredded chicken or ground beef under the cheese and little J is none the wiser. If your little one fights eating veggies like mine, these Toddler Mini Pizzas are sure to be a hit. Happy Hiding!
Does your toddler avoid veggies at all costs? Let me know in the comments below if you have any clever and yummy ways to hide the veggies.
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017
- Easy Sesame Pork Stir Fry - August 7, 2017
- 10 DIY Summer Popsicles - July 31, 2017
- Beach Vacation Packing List for a Toddler - July 24, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Donate to Schools - July 17, 2017