Today we’re sharing a fun St. Patrick’s Day Puffy Paint Craft! That’s right…puffy paint you can make at home or in the classroom because it’s super easy and only needs 2 ingredients.
This is a great activity for big and little kids who love to use their imagination through sensory play. Parents and teachers will love it because it’s inexpensive to put together and loads of fun.
If you’re a teacher doing this with a large group of kids, set up the Patrick’s Day Puffy Paint Craft like this:
- Make 4-5 batches of this recipe ( or 1 batch per table)
- Print our St. Patrick’s Day Themed Coloring Sheets from our Etsy Shop
- Make Copies for the class & distribute 1 coloring sheet to each student
- Give each table 8 puffy paint colors and paintbrushes
*If kids get puffy paint on their hands or clothes, it washes off with soap and water!
St. Patrick’s Day Puffy Paint Craft Supplies Needed:
- 2 cups of Foam Shaving Cream (non gel type)
- 8 oz bottle of White Washable Glue (Elmers or something similar)
- Food Coloring
- Bowls or cups
- Paint Brushes
- Popsicle Sticks (for mixing)
- St. Patricks Day Coloring/Painting Sheets
*This recipe yields about 8 of these cups for 8 different colors
Related: St. Patrick’s Day Wind Blower
How to Make the Puffy Paint
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the shaving cream and glue until it’s well combined.
- Separate the puffy paint into 8 cups to make 8 different colors.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the puffy paint and mix with popsicle sticks until you get your desired color.
- Print these St. Patrick’s Day Themed Coloring Sheets from our Etsy shop.
- Using paintbrushes, color in the pictures. If you don’t have any paintbrushes, try sponges, cotton balls or swabs, or popsicle sticks.
If you’re doing this St. Patrick’s Day Puffy Paint Craft with just a few kids, get them involved by letting them help you mix the food coloring. And remember it’s all washable so have fun!
Want our St Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages? Click the link below.
If you liked this St. Patrick’s Day Puffy Paint Craft please pin and share!
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.