In honor of National Dog Biscuit Day, I’ve put together a quick little recipe your furry pooch is sure to love. It’s made from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! One of the main ingredients, pumpkin, is loaded with fiber and beta-carotene which not only helps aid digestion but can also ease tummy troubles for your furry friend. Enjoy!
Yields 16 Biscuits
20-minute prep time
30-minute cook time
Ready in 1 hour & 10 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. water
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, and peanut butter. Whisk egg in a separate bowl and then add to flour mixture. Add water and mix with a fork until mixture is a bit dry and stiff like cookie dough.
Sprinkle a bit of flour onto work surface and then roll dough out into an 1/8” sheet. Press cookie cutters (I used these cuties) into dough and lay onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Use excess dough for more treats by kneading and re-rolling.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hard. Store in an airtight container.
Related: Easy Banana Protein Pancakes
Related: Honey Cornbread Muffins
Try my recipe! If you do, let me know in the comments below how they turn out.
- Toddler Bath Caddy - April 16, 2018
- Paper Plate Handprint Mother’s Day Card - April 9, 2018
- Tips for Child Proofing Your Home - April 2, 2018
- Progresso Soup Stuffed Peppers - March 26, 2018
- 10 Reasons to Choose Cloth Diapers - March 19, 2018
- Tips to Help Moms Stay Happy and Healthy - March 12, 2018
- Float or Sink Game for Toddlers - March 5, 2018
- Tips for Shopping with Toddlers - February 26, 2018
- Creative Kids Art Station - February 19, 2018
- Mini Construction Site Sandbox - February 12, 2018