In honor of National Dog Biscuit Day, I’ve put together a quick little recipe your furry pooch is sure to love. It’s made from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! One of the main ingredients, pumpkin, is loaded with fiber and beta carotene which not only helps aid digestion but can also ease tummy troubles for your furry friend. Enjoy!
Yields 16 Biscuits
20-minute prep time
30-minute cook time
Ready in 1 hour & 10 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. water
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, and peanut butter. Whisk egg in a separate bowl and then add to flour mixture. Add water and mix with a fork until mixture is a bit dry and stiff like cookie dough.
Sprinkle a bit of flour onto work surface and then roll dough out into an 1/8” sheet. Press cookie cutters (I used these cuties) into dough and lay onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Use excess dough for more treats by kneading and re-rolling.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hard. Store in an air tight container.
Try my recipe! If you do, let me know in the comments below how they turn out.
- Turkey Football Footprint Card - November 21, 2017
- Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl - November 13, 2017
- Easy Banana Protein Pancakes - November 6, 2017
- How to Throw a Fun Filled Bridal Shower - October 29, 2017
- Bridal Shower Bucket List - October 23, 2017
- DIY Party Photo Frame - October 16, 2017
- DIY Bride-To-Be Pin - October 9, 2017
- DIY Calming Glitter Jar - October 2, 2017
- DIY Recycling Center - September 25, 2017
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017