Baked zucchini is a great side dish with just about any meal. We like to eat it with chicken, turkey burgers, and even just as a snack by itself. One of my favorite and more go-to ways to serve roasted zucchini is tossed in olive oil, with a little parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. I thought I’d try making it a bit different and it turns out, these Mini Zucchini Pizzas were a hit! Even my 6 year old loved them.
Related: Keto Pizza Zucchini Boats
These Mini Zucchini Pizzas are a pretty quick and easy recipe to add as a side dish or even just a snack. I usually like to prep them earlier than dinner or even the night before to make the process even quicker. If you have the time, don’t skip the pro tip below. It goes a long way to making your Mini Zucchini Pizzas a bit crispier!
Zucchini is very easy to overcook so if you just don’t got time for the pro tip, be sure to set your timer! Try not to cut the zucchini too thin or they will be difficult to remove from the baking sheet. I like to cut it about a 1/2” thick and leave the skin on to kind of hold it together. If you slice it thinner and you skip the pro tip, you may end up with very soggy zucchini!
- 2 zucchini
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese or Mozzarell Shreds (vegan & dairy free)
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Butter or Olive oil (vegan & dairy free)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Slice zucchini in 1/2” thick pieces (leave skin on).
- Pro Tip: Add the zucchini to a mixing bowl and sprinkle salt over top to draw out moisture. Let it sit for 30 min to an hour. If you don’t have time for this step, you can roast without doing it, however, they may come out a bit soggy. Remove sliced zucchini from the bowl and lay them out on a paper towel. Cover with another piece of towel and press to draw out moisture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick. Spread zucchini slices out on parchment paper.
- Brush zucchini with olive oil or butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove zucchini and add a spoonful of pizza sauce, a pinch of mozzarella, and a pepperoni (optional) on top.
- Change oven to broil, place the pan on the top rack, and broil for an additional 2-4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the cheese.
- Top with fresh basil if you’ve got it and enjoy!
Related: Spinach and Quinoa Salad
Top these Mini Zucchini Pizzas with some red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese and you have a nice little snack! If you’re gluten-free or vegan follow the substitutes in the ingredients.
Related: Easy Baked Onion Rings
What’s your favorite way to eat zucchini? If you liked my recipe, pin and share!
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.