This Christmas I decided to make my own Sock Garland Advent Calendar for my two-year old son. He may not totally understand the concept of the Advent Calendar but I can tell he loves the mystery that surrounds getting to find out what kind of surprise is in each sock. We check it every evening after dinner; it’s quite an ordeal in our house.
Related Post: Advent Calendars for Teenage Girls
- 25 Toddler/Baby Socks
- 25 Small Clothes Pins
- Spray Paint
- Elmer’s Glue
- Cut a piece of twine about 70” long.
- Gather 25 of your favorite socks from your toddler’s collection, ideally socks they’ve outgrown.
- Spray paint 25 safety pins and set aside to dry. I used silver. Attach the clothes pins to a piece of cardboard to stabilize them while you spray paint them.
- Use a K-cup to trace 25 circles on to cardstock. I used a light gray because most of my son’s socks are in the blue/gray family. Cut each circle out and set aside.
- Using Elmer’s glue, write numbers 1-25 on each circle and cover with glitter of your choice. I used a fine silver glitter. In retrospect, I should have used red or blue glitter to make the numbers pop!
- Hide candy, small toys, snacks, and money in each sock.
- Affix each sock and number in sequential order to the twine with a clothes pin.
- Hang and enjoy.
Looking for ideas of what to hide in each sock? Check out my list below of some of the things I included in my son’s DIY- Sock Garland Advent Calendar.
Related Post: 5 Electronic Gifts Men Will Love
Do you use an advent calendar at your house? If you’ve made a DIY Advent Calendar, I’d love to see pictures.
Related Post: 5 Ways to De-Stress Your Christmas
- Creative Kids Art Station - February 19, 2018
- Mini Construction Site Sandbox - February 12, 2018
- Food Pantry Organization Tips - February 5, 2018
- Everglades Bacon Deviled Eggs - January 29, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Fun Finds Under $30 - January 22, 2018
- Green Energy Smoothie - January 15, 2018
- Make Your Food Last Longer - January 8, 2018
- 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Food Waste - January 2, 2018
- Mini Apple Pies - December 18, 2017
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Beauty Gurus - December 12, 2017