This Christmas I decided to make my own Sock Garland Advent Calendar for my two-year old son. He may not totally understand the concept of the Advent Calendar but I can tell he loves the mystery that surrounds getting to find out what kind of surprise is in each sock. We check it every evening after dinner; it’s quite an ordeal in our house.
Related Post: Advent Calendars for Teenage Girls
- 25 Toddler/Baby Socks
- 25 Small Clothes Pins
- Spray Paint
- Elmer’s Glue
- Cut a piece of twine about 70” long.
- Gather 25 of your favorite socks from your toddler’s collection, ideally socks they’ve outgrown.
- Spray paint 25 safety pins and set aside to dry. I used silver. Attach the clothes pins to a piece of cardboard to stabilize them while you spray paint them.
- Use a K-cup to trace 25 circles on to cardstock. I used a light gray because most of my son’s socks are in the blue/gray family. Cut each circle out and set aside.
- Using Elmer’s glue, write numbers 1-25 on each circle and cover with glitter of your choice. I used a fine silver glitter. In retrospect, I should have used red or blue glitter to make the numbers pop!
- Hide candy, small toys, snacks, and money in each sock.
- Affix each sock and number in sequential order to the twine with a clothes pin.
- Hang and enjoy.
Looking for ideas of what to hide in each sock? Check out my list below of some of the things I included in my son’s DIY- Sock Garland Advent Calendar.
Related Post: 5 Electronic Gifts Men Will Love
Do you use an advent calendar at your house? If you’ve made a DIY Advent Calendar, I’d love to see pictures.
Related Post: 5 Ways to De-Stress Your Christmas
Meagan has been married for seven years and is a proud new mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 18 years ago in high school; they got married 11 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her one year son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and fishing dog food from his mouth, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbeque anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.