I love easy crock pot meals that taste like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove cooking them. This Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole recipe is absolutely delicious and so simple to make.
My son loves ground beef and hates his veggies so I’m always trying to hide them in our meals whenever possible. I was a little skeptical making this because I’m always worried he’ll see green and immediately decide he doesn’t like it (even before tasting it). He’s a typical 2-year-old I suppose.
I was so delighted when he gobbled up this Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole that I froze the leftovers in my Kiddo Feedo silicone freezer tray!
When prepping this crock pot meal, I started by pulsing the green peppers and onion in my Ninja Food Processor until they were finely chopped.
Next, I browned 1 pound of defrosted ground beef and then stirred in the vegetable mixture.
In a small bowl I mixed sour cream, ½ cup of shredded cheese, and the dry seasonings together to spread over the meat layer.
I usually line my 6-quart crock pot with a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner to make for easy cleanup and no sticking. If you’re fresh out of liners (like I was when I made this), then go crazy with the non-stick spray! The first layer of this Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole is Green Giant Veggie Cauliflower Tots.
The second layer is the meat and veggie mixture.
The third layer is the sour cream and cheese yumminess.
And the last layer is the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese. Cook on high for 4 hours.
Top with sour cream, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
*For a vegetarian substation try meatless crumbles. MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles is a great alternative!
Tip: If you’re running low on time in the morning, try doing the prep work the night before. Load up the crock pot, cover, and store it in the refrigerator. Then turn the crock pot on in the morning to cook!
Have you tried my Easy Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole? What’s your favorite crock pot meal? Share in the comments below.
You may also like Korean Style Spinach Salad as a side dish.
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017
- Easy Sesame Pork Stir Fry - August 7, 2017
- 10 DIY Summer Popsicles - July 31, 2017
- Beach Vacation Packing List for a Toddler - July 24, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Donate to Schools - July 17, 2017