One of my favorite snacks are baked apple chips because they’re healthy, tasty, and easy to make. They can be baked simply plain or sprinkled with cinnamon, but they’re a real treat when coated with fruit sauces. Cranberry flavored apple chips make a delicious holiday snack. They’re flavorful and have an extra zing. You can also try other fruit sauces like raspberry, which is one of my favorites.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce:
- 3-4 Apples of your choice (Sweet apples like Gala or Honeycrisp taste best for this recipe.)
- 3 Cups Cranberries
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Honey
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
Ingredients for Dip:
- 5.3 oz. Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Dates
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
Use canned sauce or make your own. This amount is more than needed but I make enough to store extra for another batch or other recipes.
- Bring water and honey to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add cranberries and return to boil.
- Stir occasionally until the skins of the cranberries split.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Let sauce cool.
Alternative Raspberry Fruit Sauce:
Crush 6 oz. of raspberries in a bowl. Add 1 tsp. of water and 1 tsp. of honey. Mix well.
Baked Apple Chips:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Core apples. (Buy the one I used here)
- Slice apples into thin rings.
- Brush fruit sauce onto both sides of apple slices.
- Place evenly spaced out slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 225 degrees in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Flip over and bake an additional ½ hour.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely before serving.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days. Rarely do I get a chance to store any of these as leftovers. They’re all eaten up right away!
Enjoy these chips by themselves or pair them with this healthy, sweet dip.
Date and Yogurt Dip:
- Pulse dates in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix in with 1 or 2 Tbsp. of the yogurt until blended and then add in the rest of the yogurt.
- Stir in honey.
- Serve with apple chips.
Related: Rasberry Orange Bites
Enjoy apple chips anytime you’re in the mood for something crunchy and delicious!
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other apple chip recipes you enjoy or dip recipes to go with it!
Related: Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.
Leave a Reply