One of my favorite snacks are baked apple chips because they’re healthy, tasty, and easy to make. They can be baked simply plain or sprinkled with cinnamon, but they’re a real treat when coated with fruit sauces. Cranberry flavored apple chips make a delicious holiday snack. They’re flavorful and have an extra zing. You can also try other fruit sauces like raspberry, which is one of my favorites.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce:
- 3-4 Apples of your choice (Sweet apples like Gala or Honeycrisp taste best for this recipe.)
- 3 Cups Cranberries
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Honey
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
Ingredients for Dip:
- 5.3 oz. Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Dates
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
Use canned sauce or make your own. This amount is more than needed but I make enough to store extra for another batch or other recipes.
- Bring water and honey to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add cranberries and return to boil.
- Stir occasionally until the skins of the cranberries split.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Let sauce cool.
Alternative Raspberry Fruit Sauce:
Crush 6 oz. of raspberries in a bowl. Add 1 tsp. of water and 1 tsp. of honey. Mix well.
Baked Apple Chips:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Core apples. (Buy the one I used here)
- Slice apples into thin rings.
- Brush fruit sauce onto both sides of apple slices.
- Place evenly spaced out slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 225 degrees in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Flip over and bake an additional ½ hour.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely before serving.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days. Rarely do I get a chance to store any of these as leftovers. They’re all eaten up right away!
Enjoy these chips by themselves or pair them with this healthy, sweet dip.
Date and Yogurt Dip:
- Pulse dates in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix in with 1 or 2 Tbsp. of the yogurt until blended and then add in the rest of the yogurt.
- Stir in honey.
- Serve with apple chips.
Related: Rasberry Orange Bites
Enjoy apple chips anytime you’re in the mood for something crunchy and delicious!
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other apple chip recipes you enjoy or dip recipes to go with it!
- DIY Rose Water - January 18, 2018
- 3 Simple Vitamin E Face Mists - January 12, 2018
- DIY Snowman Ornaments - December 22, 2017
- Christmas Lollipop Candies - December 15, 2017
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017