September is my birthday month and it’s almost over! All month long I’ve been writing posts with lists of 28s. I first did 28 Things About Me – just to introduce myself a little bit. Then I did 28 Songs I Love because I’m obsessed with music and I wanted to share some of my favorite songs. This week I am sharing 28 of my favorite things, no elaboration, and no explanation.
My actual birthday was on Sunday the 23rd (Libra!) and if you’ve been keeping up, you know I’ve been traveling for the last few months with my husband and dog. Right now we’re hanging out in the greater Seattle area in Washington! So we’ve been doing some touristy stuff and went to downtown Seattle.
We went to Pike Place Market – an actual marketplace with all kinds of stuff. Everything from fresh fish, flowers everywhere, food vendors, and art vendors. Almost like a high end, over the top flea market, but without the fleas. It’s where the original Starbucks is! Complete with its own barista bouncer (the line was soo long to get it in). We also drove by the Space Needle afterward.
Then for dinner we to downtown Bellevue, Seattle’s sister city across the water, and had Mexican food at a restaurant called Cactus. I had some kind of potato tacos – all I know is that they were delicious!
I also heard from so many friends and family from Florida. I’d been feeling a little lonely since this has been the first birthday away from my friends and family EVER. But my friends really came through – I got 2 birthday songs sang to me via facetime and one of them even had a birthday dessert with a candle I “blew” out. Lots of calls and texts as well, just catching up really made it a special birthday even though I’m so far from home. Not to mention all the birthday love I got from you guys! I think it’s going to be a good year.
So to top off this birthday themed month, below are 28 of My Favorite Things:
- Books: Harry Potter Series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, & all Shadowhunter books
- Movies: Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Favorite Soundtracks: Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, & Harry Potter
- Ice Cream: Vanilla soft serve on a waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles
- Fantasy Universe: Shadowhunter books (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices)
- Band: Dave Matthews Band
Related: A DMB Kind of Summer
- Pop Artist: Taylor Swift
- Non-alcoholic drink: Iced Soy Chai Tea Latte
- Alcoholic drink: Sangria
- Cake: Cheesecake or chocolate on chocolate
- Sports Team: Tampa Bay Lightning (Hockey)
- Food: Tacos and Pizza
- TV Show: Parks & Rec, Friends, Supernatural, & Dr. Who
- Flower: Sunflower
- Smell: Gardenia, Jasmine, and Lavender
- Perfume: Daisy by Marc Jacobs
- Game: Sequence
- Color: Blue and Pink
- Place: Taos, New Mexico
- Animal: DOGS
- Social Media: Instagram & Tumblr
- Fast Food Restaurant: Tacobell
- Store: Target
- Podcast: HAGS
- Makeup Brand: Wet N’ Wild & tarte
- App: Kindle & DMB Hub
- Restaurant: Mellow Mushroom
- Bands that Aren’t Dave Matthews Band: Lord Huron, The Killers, The Spill Canvas, & Brand New
Related: My Reverse Bucket list
I don’t usually like to talk about myself so exclusively but it’s been fun to think about all these things. It’s only been a couple of days but 28 hasn’t been so bad.
I will be sharing an update very soon of my journey out west so until then – let me know in the comments what some of your favorite things are!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Road to The Gorge – Part 1 - October 17, 2018
- 28 of My Favorite Things! - September 28, 2018
- 28 Songs I Love - September 22, 2018
- 28 Things About Me! - September 14, 2018
- How to Create a Calm Space - August 8, 2018
- Summer Tailgate Essentials - August 1, 2018
- What I’ve been Loving Lately - July 25, 2018
- Top 5 Favorite Travel Destinations – East Coast Edition - July 20, 2018
- A DMB kind of Summer - July 6, 2018
- Update From The Road - June 29, 2018