Gratitude for simple pleasures has always been something I try to remember and practice. Sometimes, though, it’s harder than others to remember something that seems like it should be so easy. Lately, with everything that’s going on, it’s become a lot easier. With the coronavirus being a big, unavoidable part of our lives, we’re all reminded of how precious life and family are. We’re also all looking for ways to stay safe, healthy, calm, and positive. Try these 10 Uses for Lavender Oil to help make life a little more calm and pleasant now and in the future.
Related: Simple DIY Lip Balm
10 Uses for Lavender Oil:
- Pillow Drops- Add a few drops to your pillow to help you sleep or add to a piece of cloth and lay that near your pillow to avoid staining pillowcases.
- Calming Room Spray– Add about 10 drops to a spray bottle filled with water for a calming room spray.
- Calming Moisturizer- Apply a few drops to your skin but avoid sensitive areas.
- Anti-Stress Bath Salts– Add 2 C. Epsom salt, 1 C. sea salt, 1/2 C. baking soda, 3/4 C. dried lavender, 2-3 drops lavender essential oil, and 5-6 drops of lemongrass essential oil.
- Sugar Body Scrub- Mix together ½ C. sugar, 1 T. fractionated coconut oil or almond oil, and 5 drops lavender oil. Use in shower. Be careful of a slippery tub.
- Roller Ball- Add several drops of lavender oil to a carrier oil like almond oil in a rollerball applicator. Take your bottle of instant calm wherever you go.
- Insect Repellent- Mix 4 drops of lavender oil to 8 oz. of water. Spray on before you go outside.
- Soothing Foot Scrub– Mix in a large basin with water 1 C. Epsom salt, 1/4 C. oatmeal, 1/8 C. lavender buds, 10 drops of lavender oil, and 5 drops of peppermint oil.
- Yoga Mat Cleaner– Add to a spray bottle 3/4 C. of water, 1/4 C. witch hazel, 10 drops lavender oil 10 drops lemongrass oil, and 5 drops tea tree oil.
- Drier Sheets- Add several drops to a washcloth and add to the clothes dryer during cool down for a fresh scent.
Related: Effortless Aromatherapy
There’s so much out there we can’t control, but we can control our efforts to make our immediate environment more calm and pleasant. Try some of these 10 Uses for Lavender Oil to bring a little peace into your day.
What do you use Lavender Oil for? What’s your favorite essential oil?
Buy On Amazon:
Related: Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.