If you’ve read any of my other posts, you know that I’m a crock pot mom. My Crock-Pot is a kitchen essential and without it I’d probably be feeding my kid Kraft mac and cheese every day. Not that he would object because who doesn’t love Kraft mac and cheese! When I’m not feeling extra lazy, I shelf the Kraft and whip up some of this homemade mac and cheese with a bit of a twist. One of my new favorite go-to dinner recipes is this Taco Mac & Cheese Crock-Pot Meal. I substitute the beef with ground turkey whenever possible due to a hereditary kidney disease that keeps me from consuming large amounts of red meat.
I love this recipe so much that I recently made it for some friends who had a baby. It’s an easy meal that tastes great. My husband loves it and even my picky two-year-old loves it. It’s a win all around!
Related Post: Crock-Pot Hamburger Casserole
Taco Mac & Cheese Crock-Pot Meal Ingredients:
-1 ½ cup of uncooked elbows pasta
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-4 oz. cream cheese
-1 lb. ground turkey or beef
-1 can Rotel tomato and green chili
-1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
-2 cloves minced garlic
-3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
Related Post: Easy Sesame Pork Stir Fry
Taco Mac & Cheese Crock-Pot Meal Directions:
- Brown the meat and season with 1 tbsp. of the taco seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Line Crock-Pot with a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner. Add meat, tomato and onion mixture, garlic, and remaining taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in cheeses and cooked pasta until melted. Top with sour cream and serve.
Related Post: Korean Style Spinach Salad
Tip: If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to brown the meat and chop the onions, try doing the first two steps the night before. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight until you’re ready to combine all the ingredients in the crock-pot.
Are you a crock-pot lover? I’d love to know some of your favorite slow cooked meals. Share in the comments below.
- Valentine’s Day Fun Finds Under $30 - January 22, 2018
- Green Energy Smoothie - January 15, 2018
- Make Your Food Last Longer - January 8, 2018
- 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Food Waste - January 2, 2018
- Mini Apple Pies - December 18, 2017
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Beauty Gurus - December 12, 2017
- DIY- Sock Garland Advent Calendar - December 4, 2017
- Taco Mac & Cheese Crock-Pot Meal - November 27, 2017
- Turkey Football Footprint Card - November 21, 2017
- Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl - November 13, 2017