Ipsy is a monthly subscription service for make-up. It’s only $10 a month. There are a few other similar subscription boxes but I tried this one and so far I love it! You get 6 products, including the “glam” bag, 4 sample size products, and 1 full size product. It could be anything ranging from make-up, hair, and skin products. It is all based on a profile you set up for yourself. You choose which brands and products you’re interested in. Usually everyone’s product selection is a little different.
One of my favorite items is the glam bag itself! Every month the bag is a different design. This month’s bag was one
of the cutest I’ve received.
Below are reviews of the products I received in August’s glam bag:
- IT HAIR CARE 12-IN-ONE AMAZING LEAVE-IN TREATMENT – I’m not usually a fan of the hair-care products. I just don’t always get around to using them. But this product smelled so good, I had to try it. And I’m glad I did. I usually put it in my hair right after a shower, when I know I’m not going to blow dry my hair. I’ve done this probably 3 times a week now. I love it because it makes my hair smell and feel amazing, almost like a leave-in conditioner. Plus, it tends to hold the shape and style of my hair. I love it. And it might technically be a sample size, but it is generous.
- Beauty For Real I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in Black Magic – This eyeliner is awesome. I don’t normally like gel liners, but this is better than most I’ve tried and others I’ve received from Ipsy. Most usually end up more on top of my lid than my eye line. This one, however, stayed perfect all day long. It was pliable with my brush and just generally easy to apply. Definitely a great product.
- The Organic Pharmacy Rose Facial Cleansing Gel – This is a product I probably wouldn’t purchase myself. And that simply has to do with personal preference. It smelled great and felt nice, but truthfully, I didn’t feel compelled to use it too much. I liked it, but it didn’t seem super special to me.
- Ciaté London Paint Pot in Dangerous Affair or Spinning Teacups – I got the shade Spinning Teacups which is a beautiful lavender shade. I am currently rocking this color and I love it. As for the brand, this is the first time I’ve used this polish and I like it. It dries quickly and doesn’t chip easily. Even after doing the dishes! Personally, I wouldn’t spend more than $4 on a nail polish; I change my mind way too much to keep a color long to enough to justify spending more than that. But it is a great color and so far a great formula.
- NYX Professional Makeup BORN TO GLOW LIQUID ILLUMINATOR in Gleam or Sunbeam – Opening my glam bag, I was most excited to try this product. I love NYX. However, I got the shade Born to Glow, which is a little more bronze than I’d prefer. I tried mixing it with my foundation to see if it was usable for me and it just wasn’t for me. I would definitely try this product in a lighter shade.
Overall, this month’s Ipsy bag was a win. I absolutely love the design on the bag itself and the products are great – 3/5 for the win!
Some of Ipsy’s other great perks include earning points for free products! And it’s not some unattainable process of reviewing every other product for minimal points. No, it’s super easy to rack up lots of points by reviewing the products monthly. You also get points for recommending friends through a personal link.
They also have great contests for giveaways and sales on high-end products.
I just can’t say enough good things about this brand and the service they offer!
Check out my link here if you’re interested in signing up and look out for next month’s Ipsy review.
Let me know what you got in your Glam Bag this month and how you like your products in the comments below.
- July Ipsy Review - July 21, 2017
- Blogger Recognition Award - July 14, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 3: Adventure Time - July 12, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 2: Copper Mountain - July 5, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 1: Boulder - June 28, 2017
- June Ipsy First Impressions - June 21, 2017
- Nerd Engagement Photos - June 12, 2017
- Saying Goodbye to my Girl - June 7, 2017
- 6 TV Shows with an Awesome Soundtrack - June 1, 2017
- 13 Songs for 13 Reasons Why - May 26, 2017