It’s my birthday month! Technically it’s the time of the Virgo, but come September 23rd, it’ll be Libra season!
I know it has been a while since I posted. I have been traveling to the Pacific North West for a series of Dave Matthews Band concerts and visiting friends. We’re currently hanging out in Washington and loving it! I promise to share more on that soon.
Like I said, it’s my birthday month – September, 23rd 1990 I was born and this year I am turning 28! So I wanted to do a bit of a theme this month. I want to introduce myself a little bit. In this post, you will get to know me and 28 things all about me and my life.
28 Things About Me:
- I am absolutely obsessed with music! It is an essential part of my life and a day that I go without listening to something I love is a sad day.
- One of my all-time favorites Bands is The Dave Matthews Band. I have seen the Dave Matthews Band 39 times as of this summer! 11 shows this summer alone! See – A DMB Kind of Summer
- I am also a big Taylor Swift fan! Although, it didn’t start until a little later in life – I have seen her at least once a tour since the Speak Now Tour and I am OBSESSED with Reputation.
- Other favorite bands include Lord Huron, The Killers, The Spill Canvas, and Brand New.
- I have a dog that I absolutely adore, named Mash. He’s a beagle/hound mix that doesn’t act like a beagle. (I also just really love dogs. They make everything better.)
- I am living in a van and traveling the country with my husband, Nate, and our dog Mash.
- We’ve been to 29 states!
- We actually built out our entire van ourselves. We bought a 2002 Dodge Ram Van, named her Winchester (Winnie for short) and gutted it then rebuilt her from the bottom up. It took about 3 months and we learned a lot.
- I have been a vegetarian for 10 years this month. I swore when I turned 18 that I would be a vegetarian and it has been 10 years now. I will eat fish once in a while; I never buy dairy milk but cheese is my big downfall. Otherwise, I try to lead a semi-vegan lifestyle. The way I put it to all who ask is – I make my own rules. I don’t eat pork, chicken, beef, or any other poultry. If I do accidentally eat meat I get violently ill.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management – Management Organizational Leadership with a specialty in Sustainability.
- I get a migraine about once a month. It’s been happening since as long as I can remember.
- I’m a big nerd for TV Shows and Books. Especially anything fantasy related. See: 5 Supernatural Shows to Binge Watch
- Harry Potter is one of my all-time favorites! I started reading the series when I was 11 years old and it was such an influential part of my life and will always hold a special place in my heart. I’ve probably read each Harry Potter book at least 10 times each.
- I’ve also been to many a midnight movie opening as well as midnight book premiers! (Some in costume… some winning costumes :P)
- Even my wedding was nerdy themed! See: Nerdy Rustic Barn Wedding
- I’m currently reading Lord of the Rings out loud to my husband.
- I’m also currently re-reading The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare (to myself).
- I am the middle child of 3 girls! My older sister, you know, Meagan is 7 years older than me and Grace is 9 years younger than me.
- I love art! I’ve always been more creatively inclined than anything else. Drawing, painting, photography – I love it.
- Hockey is just about the only sport I will watch and actually enjoy. My extended family is all from Detroit so hockey is in our blood. But we’re all very big Tampa Bay Lightning fans.
- I don’t really drink alcohol. When I drink I end up getting headaches WHILE I’m drinking so it’s just no fun.
- I have 2 tattoos. A fire dancer – the symbol of the Dave Matthews Band – on my right arm. And a trumpet on my left fore-arm – not because I play – I’ve been inspired by the trumpet player from DMB and I just love it.
- I’ve recently been getting more into astrology and I just found out I’m a Libra sun, Scorpio moon, and Scorpio Rising. I find most of my astrological sign characteristics pretty accurate. I also find it fascinating that there are other Libras out there like me!
- I have a very obsessive personality. I get obsessed with something – sometimes lasting years – and then I kind of burn myself out on it. Afterward, those things tend to go into a vault and I love them forever. Obsessions are usually bands, books, and TV Shows.
- I don’t really like movies. The reason is because of my obsessiveness – I need more content when the movie is over. I often find after I watch a movie I’m googling it and reading all about it. I like watching movies in theaters and once in a while at home, but usually, I’ll put on a show rather than a movie in my free time. I just like long-form entertainment and story-telling because I always want more!
- I’ve seen every episode of Friends AT LEAST 10 times.
- Since my obsession with the Dave Matthews Band started in 2010, I have had one big dream. That was to see them play at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, Washington. It’s 3 days of concerts, 5 days of camping, and it’s always Labor Day weekend. We’ve never been able to go because my husband is a high school football coach. But this year because we’re traveling we were finally able to make it happen. And it was truly a dream come true. More on that soon!
- Another dream of mine for the past few years has been to see the desert. I can now say I have fulfilled this dream as well! On our way to Washington, we drove through Texas and parts of New Mexico. We plan on going back and spending more time there but I can definitely say I was satisfied.
- Bonus Fact (because there’s always an extra for good luck): I love recycling!!! Seriously, recycling is one of my biggest passions. I love being green and eco-friendly but recycling is when I get really excited.
And there you have it! 28 facts about myself. I hope you feel like you got to know me a little more. I don’t usually like to talk about myself so this was an interesting post to write.
Also, do I have any other Libras in the house? Let me know in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!