Even though it’s still 1000 degrees here in Florida, summer is going to be over soon. I know a lot of you look forward to the whole pumpkin spice thing, but I hate when summer is over because I miss all the fresh, in-season fruits and vegetables. One of the best ways to enjoy the summer bounty of fruits and vegetables is by grilling them.
6 Easy Steps to Grilling Fruits and Vegetables:
- Select ripe, but firm fruits and vegetables.**Some suggestions for vegetables: corn on the cob, squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, eggplant, onion, or peppers.**Some suggestions for fruits: peaches, nectarines, pears, apples, pineapple, or banana.
- Cut the produce lengthwise and evenly into halves, slices, or chunky pieces.
- Brush with olive or coconut oil.
- If desired, sprinkle vegetables with sea salt, herbs, or garlic. This is one of my favorite seasonings right now. Try using a bit of cinnamon or ginger on your fruits.
- Grill over medium heat directly on the grill, threaded on skewers or wrapped in foil.
- Cook to desired doneness anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. Turn once during grilling. Check with a fork.
Related: 3 Easy Meat Rubs
Serve immediately. If desired serve with pesto, yogurt sauce, or drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Summer fruits and vegetables are delicious whether they’re raw, cooked, or blended in smoothies, but they’re especially tasty when grilled on the barbecue. They make a yummy, healthy, and fast addition to any summertime meal. With these 6 Easy Steps to Grilling Fruits and Vegetables, you can enjoy all your favorites every night.
Are grilled fruits and vegetables one of your favorites too? What types do you grill? Anything unusual? Share in the comments. Happy grilling!
Related: Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad
Buy on Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!