With hurricane season at its peak right now in Florida, it’s time to make sure we’re all prepared for natural disasters and emergencies. As we’re getting our families ready for evacuations, it’s important to remember our furry friends. It breaks my heart to read stories of pets left behind in a storm but if you don’t have a plan in place I can see why it happens.
So it’s best to be prepared before an emergency – below is a list of things to have together in a waterproof container, ready to go.
Planning for pet safety in an Emergency:
- Copy of vaccinations/Necessary medical records
- Have a hard copy or a photo on your phone
- Any medications
- List of local emergency care & vet info
- Basic First-Aid supplies
- Food & Water Bowls – Set on 2 on Amazon
- Preferred Food in a waterproof bag – Amazon
- Enough food & water for 3 days
- Waste pick-up bags – Amazon
Related: 7 Reasons to Scoop the Poop
Comfort & Mobility:
- Collar with up-to-date contact info/updated microchip
- Leash & Harness or Carrier
- Favorite Toy
*Keep a photo on you in case of separation
Remember furry friends are family too. Have anything to add to the list? Let me know in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Wet n Wild Megalast Catsuit Liquid Lipstick Review - June 15, 2018
- The Perfect Summer Sundress - June 6, 2018
- Van Life Beauty Essentials - May 30, 2018
- 3 Reasons I love Shapewear! - May 23, 2018
- First Week of Van Life - May 16, 2018
- The Vanlife Adventure Begins! - May 2, 2018
- What Makes Stainless Steel & Silicone Eco-Friendly - April 25, 2018
- 7 Eco-Friendly Products to Replace Plastic Disposables - April 18, 2018
- Shopping Addictions and Target Wish list - April 11, 2018
- Learning to Let Go - April 4, 2018