To me, the holidays are about slowing down and taking time to enjoy friends and family. They’re also about cooking big meals, baking cookies, shopping, throwing on a jacket to play outside with the kids, and snuggling up with a warm blanket and hot cocoa. More than all of that, to me, the holidays are about giving. And CRAFTING! So why not combine the two? Themed holiday crafts are a great way to show appreciation to those you care about. They don’t have to cost a lot of money and they don’t have to take a lot of time. I made this Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl for my young nephew, whose birthday is very close to Thanksgiving. It’s a cute holiday display for any candy lover.
Most of the materials needed to make this Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl can be found at either the dollar store, Target, Michaels, or Walmart.
Related Post: DIY Yarn Pumpkin Wreath
Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl Material Needed:
- Tin Cup/Pail from Target Dollar Section
- Construction Paper- brown, red, orange, and yellow
- Colored Feathers
- Candy or Chocolate
- Clear Cellophane Gift Bag
- Raffia or Rope
- Craft Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
Tip: Avoid the stores and try using something from your home and repurposing it as a Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl. A flower pot or a tin can will work!
Related Post: Holiday Spending Sanity
Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl Directions:
- On brown construction paper, draw 3 circles. Use 2 different size drinking glasses to trace 2 medium size circles and 1 small circle.
- Draw a small triangle on yellow paper for the turkey’s beak.
- On red paper draw the turkey’s snoods (a.k.a. his gobbler). Fun fact: the turkey’s snoods turn bright red when he his angry or during courtship!
- On orange paper, draw the turkey’s legs and cut them out.
- Cut out all your drawn pieces.
- Start to assemble your Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl Craft by gluing one of the medium brown circles on the back of your tin cup. This will act as a base to glue the feathers to. Tip: if you couldn’t find a brown or gold tin cup, try spray painting a tin can or a plastic flower pot. The cup represents part of the turkey’s body.
- Gather 8 colored feathers and glue them onto the back of tin cup.
- Assemble the body of your turkey by first gluing together the remaining brown circles (1 medium size and 1 small size). Overlap them slightly.
- Glue on the eyes, nose, snoods, and legs.
- Next glue the turkey’s body onto the front of the tin cup.
Related Post: 5 Favorite Non-Traditional Holiday Movies
This Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl craft is also a great host gift if you’re a guest at someone’s house this holiday season, especially if they have kids. It’s a fun craft to make with your young kids this holiday season. Let them gift it to their favorite teachers or friends, family, and neighbors. Stuff your Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl with a bag of candy and you’re set!
No holiday travel plans? Keep your Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl on the kitchen table, counter, or coffee table and let your guests enjoy your creativity and candy!
What other fun holiday crafts do you like to make? Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower - January 29, 2019
- Bedroom Closet Reorganization Tips - January 23, 2019
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018