Going to my first wedding expo was like diving into a swarming beehive. Except everyone is really excited to be there. Some brides are determined to find the best deals; some brides are just trying to see what the vendors have to offer. Vendors are trying to get everyone to sign up for something. And the few grooms that tagged along are hanging out at the bar or looking for free food.
So it’s an exciting time for everyone – congratulating each other and exchanging wedding details all while trying to move through the masses.
Related: Unique & Affordable Engagement Rings
I attended the expo last weekend having no idea what to expect and trying not to take it too seriously. My wedding is over a year away so I was just interested to see what it was all about and maybe win some free stuff.
Whether you’re like me and just there to feel it out or you’re the determined bride on a mission, below are some tips to make the day go by smooth:
- Sign up for everything – Talk to everyone! Most of the vendors either have a great discount to offer or have some kind of prize to win. And they’re all so excited to help you celebrate your special day. Writing your name down doesn’t mean you’re signing a contract, it’s just increasing your chances of possibly winning something.
- Bring a Squad – You might not be able to physically talk to everyone (because there’s so much!) so then bring some assistance! Get the wedding party involved. Get some brunch and mimosas and make a day of it!
- Make Labels – A lady from Bed, Bath, and Beyond gave me this great tip. A pre-made label with the below information will help to keep you moving – especially when everyone around you is trying to move past you or fill out the same form. By the end of the day, most of what I filled out was barely legible. Trust me; if you’re serious about your wedding expo, this is good advice. (And don’t forget to give some to your squad.)
- Expect Same-Day Deals and Discounts – All the vendors have something to offer. But there will be a few that are offering something great – if you sign a contract that day. This was not something I was prepared for. Yes, I might have been keeping an eye out for a photographer but I wasn’t prepared to sign anything that day. That’s not the case for every bride attending. So if you’re looking for something specific and ready to put some money down, expect to possibly find that great deal of the day.
- Remember to have fun – Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful but you just have to remember that planning is also half the fun! It’s just as much about the journey as it is about the big day.
BONUS: Locate the food samples in the beginning before they run out!
Let me know if you’ve attended a wedding expo and have any good tips to add! What was your experience like attending one these events? Leave a comment below!
Related: 15 Engagement Photo Prop Ideas
- Road to The Gorge – Part 1 - October 17, 2018
- 28 of My Favorite Things! - September 28, 2018
- 28 Songs I Love - September 22, 2018
- 28 Things About Me! - September 14, 2018
- How to Create a Calm Space - August 8, 2018
- Summer Tailgate Essentials - August 1, 2018
- What I’ve been Loving Lately - July 25, 2018
- Top 5 Favorite Travel Destinations – East Coast Edition - July 20, 2018
- A DMB kind of Summer - July 6, 2018
- Update From The Road - June 29, 2018