Fall is my favorite time of year. In my house, as soon as the calendar flips to October it’s time to break out the fall decorations, hang the orange and yellow wreath on the front door, and light the pumpkin spice candles.
It’s also time for hot cups of apple cider tea, warm fuzzy blankets, and those knee-high leather boots!
I know what you’re thinking-
doesn’t this woman live in Florida? The state that never sees the leaves change color never gets a hint of snow or even feels the temperature drop below 50 degrees until at least January. Yes, but a girl can dream!
Florida fall means we enjoy flip flops and tank tops until December! That doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy pumpkin spice and everything nice just like the rest of the country.
A fall favorite in our house was pumpkin fluff. Growing up my mom made it at the start of the season and we usually enjoyed it all the way until December! You can eat it plain or dip a few honey graham crackers in it like did (and still do). Either way, it’s a delicious snack the whole family is sure to enjoy.
I’ve adapted the recipe below from the Weight Watchers version. If you prefer the Weight Watchers version, look for the substitutions in parenthesis.
What you Need:
-4 oz. Cool Whip (for Weight Watchers version use fat-free Cool Whip)
-1 Cup of pumpkin puree
-1 box of vanilla instant pudding (or fat-free vanilla)
-1 ½ Cups milk of your choice (do not use almond milk, it will not set properly)
-Whip Cream (optional)
-Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle on top (optional)
Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Then let the mixture set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whip cream, a pinch of cinnamon, and crumbled graham crackers.
Spice up your pumpkin fluff for a fall party by using it as a yummy dip.
Pick out a cute mini pumpkin. Cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the guts. Try baking the seeds for a healthy treat. Pour in your pumpkin fluff and crumble some graham crackers on top. Find a cute fall serving plate and spread graham crackers around the pumpkin and serve with a smile.
In the comments below tell me your favorite fall dessert or snack.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Kids for Daylight Savings - October 8, 2018
- Insect Scavenger Hunt - October 1, 2018
- Foaming Orange Volcano - September 24, 2018
- Chocolate Avocado Popsicles - September 10, 2018
- Teach Your Child How to Call 911 - September 4, 2018
- Letter B Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - August 27, 2018