It’s always tough when someone you love is not well. I’ve have always found that a handmade card, especially from a child, is enough to brighten anyones hardest day. My son and I love making homemade cards for birthdays, holidays, and everything in between. Check out our latest super easy and thoughtful DIY Get Well Soon Card he made for his Grandpa.
This DIY Get Well Soon Card is so simple and quick to make for someone you care about. We grabbed some paper, a few bandaids, markers, glue, and googly eyes and within minutes we had an adorable little card. If you don’t have the google eyes on hand, just use markers to draw in the eyes and viola!
Related: Easter Chick Handprint Card
- Drawing Paper or card stock
- 3 Solid Color Bandaids
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
Related: Turkey Football Footprint Card
- Fold paper in half and then cut to make a smaller size card, about 6” x 5”.
- Unwrap bandaids and place on the front of the card.
- Using hot glue, place 2 eyes on each bandaid. I suggest helping your child with this part as hot glue guns can be dangerous. I dropped the dollops of glue and my son placed the eyes on.
- Next, using a marker, draw hands and a mouth on the bandaids. You can draw legs, ears, a hat…whatever you want. Write GET WELL SOON along with some hearts on the front.
- On the inside of card let your little one write a sweet message and decorate it however they want!
Related: Paper Plate Handprint Mother’s Day Card
Are you a card person? Some people don’t ever buy or make cards. Which are you? If you liked this DIY Get Well Soon Card, please pin and share.
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.
Leave a Reply