It’s always tough when someone you love is not well. I’ve have always found that a handmade card, especially from a child, is enough to brighten anyones hardest day. My son and I love making homemade cards for birthdays, holidays, and everything in between. Check out our latest super easy and thoughtful DIY Get Well Soon Card he made for his Grandpa.
This DIY Get Well Soon Card is so simple and quick to make for someone you care about. We grabbed some paper, a few bandaids, markers, glue, and googly eyes and within minutes we had an adorable little card. If you don’t have the google eyes on hand, just use markers to draw in the eyes and viola!
Related: Easter Chick Handprint Card
- Drawing Paper or card stock
- 3 Solid Color Bandaids
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
Related: Turkey Football Footprint Card
- Fold paper in half and then cut to make a smaller size card, about 6” x 5”.
- Unwrap bandaids and place on the front of the card.
- Using hot glue, place 2 eyes on each bandaid. I suggest helping your child with this part as hot glue guns can be dangerous. I dropped the dollops of glue and my son placed the eyes on.
- Next, using a marker, draw hands and a mouth on the bandaids. You can draw legs, ears, a hat…whatever you want. Write GET WELL SOON along with some hearts on the front.
- On the inside of card let your little one write a sweet message and decorate it however they want!
Are you a card person? Some people don’t ever buy or make cards. Which are you? If you liked this DIY Get Well Soon Card, please pin and share.
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.