It’s my birthday month so I’m doing a theme this month. This Sunday I turn 28 (September 23rd) and so I am bringing you lists of 28 things!
Last week I did a post – 28 Things About Me – just to introduce myself a little bit. The very first thing I said about myself in last week’s post was that music is incredibly important to me. It’s a major constant in my life – whether I’m going to see a band, looking for new music, or even just casually listening – it’s a big part of my life and a big part of me.
So I have made a list of songs I just really love. As I was making this list, I realized what a deep well of favorite songs I have cultivated. To truly encompass every one of my all-time favorite songs and then narrow it down to 28 songs seems nearly impossible. There are just so many songs that mean different things to me for different reasons. So this list is not that list. It’s a list of songs that I just really love and want you to know about if you don’t already know them.
These are songs that make me feel something and I hope you enjoy them!
- Don’t Drink The Water – Dave Matthews Band
- Shot At The Night – The Killers
- The Way It Was – The Killers
- You And I – Lady Gaga
- Getaway Car – Taylor Swift
- Style – Taylor Swift
- Your Love – HAERTS
- Truly Madly Deeply – Yoke Lure (Spotify Session)
- #41 (Live at Wrigley Field) – Dave Matthews Band
- Sleep On The Floor – The Lumineers
- Down in the Valley – The Head and the Heart
- The Best Part – Paul McDonald, Nikki Reed
- Never Let me Go – Florence + The Machine
- If I Believe You – The 1975
- Gravity – John Mayer
- From a Tire Swing – Lydia
- HEAVEN – Troye Sivan, Betty Who
- Meet Me in the Woods – Lord Huron
- Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don’t – Brand New
- America – Simon & Garfunkel
- Wild World – Cat Stevens
- Hands Downs – Dashboard Confessional
- Faith – George Michael
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Wannabe – Spice Girls
- I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys
- MMMBop – Hanson
- Hey Look Ma, I Made It – Panic! At The Disco
What is a song that makes you feel something? Doesn’t have to be your favorite, just something you love? Let me know in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Christina is a twenty-something living with her beagle, Mash, and husband, Nate in their van. She loves traveling, shopping, art, and photography. She’s also a vegetarian, pop-culture enthusiast, book-lover, and Dave Matthews Band fanatic. Catch her somewhere around the country in a converted camper van or at home in Florida for a visit.