Now that it’s officially Fall and Halloween is just around the corner, my house is already gearing up for costumes, candy, and cold weather! Crafts are one of my favorite things to do around the holidays and this Paper Plate Halloween Cat is the perfect little craft to get your little ones in the Halloween spirit. It’s easy to assemble and if you’re a crafty household, you probably already have most of the materials on hand.
Related: Target Dollar Spot Fall Decor Finds
I cut out the eyes, ears, nose, and teeth first and then once my little guy painted the plates, I put a second coat on. He glued all the pieces on and then we stuffed the hidden pocket with candy! You can also stash craft supplies in it like pencils or crayons or just punch a hole in the top, string some black ribbon through and hang it up.
Related: Holiday Bath Bombs
- 2 Paper Plates
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Purple Pipe Cleaners
- Construction Paper (black, purple, white, & yellow)
- Permanent Marker
- Glue Stick
- Hot Glue
Paper Plate Halloween Cat Directions:
- Cut one of the paper plates in half and then paint both the half piece and the full plate black. Set aside to dry.
- Using the other half of the paper plate that you didn’t paint, cut out a mouth, draw the teeth on with a black marker, and then glue it onto the plate that was painted black.
- Glue this plate onto the bottom half of the full size painted plate.
- Next, cut out eyes, ears, and a nose using construction paper. Glue these features on the top part of the full-size plate.
- Glue 3 purple pipe cleaners together to form the whiskers and then glue both sets on both sides of the nose (I used a hot glue gun for this portion)
*Optional- Punch a hole in the top and feed a piece of yarn or string through if you want to hang your Paper Plate Halloween Cat.
Fill with candy, pencils, crayons, markers, toys, snacks, etc.
Related: Fall Pumpkin Fluff Dessert
What are some of your favorite Halloween crafts? Share in the comments below.
Buy on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.