When I asked my 3-year-old son what he wanted to dress up as this Halloween, he said with confidence, “A racing car driver!” So I thought, ok this should be easy. I’ll just get a costume at Target or on Amazon and we’re set. Jumpsuit—check. Helmet—check. I thought I was done but to my surprise when my little firecracker tried on his new racing car driver costume, his next question was, “Where’s my car?” I LOL’d because he was right—how could I forget the car! So, I scoured the internet for boxcar costume ideas and found this No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume.
Related: Insect Scavenger Hunt
I love this Box Car Halloween Costume because there’s no cutting and taping cardboard boxes together hoping for something that resembles a race car. I found it from Oriental Trading Company for only $14 and it’s so quick and easy to put together, you’ll be done with it in no time. You can paint it yourself or let your child color it for fun.
Related: Foaming Orange Volcano
This car comes with 2 precut holes on the side to hold it up. But for extra stability and to ensure my 3-year-old wouldn’t have to hold it up all night because let’s face it, it probably won’t last more than 30 minutes, I added ribbon shoulder straps. Poke 2 holes in the front windshield and 2 holes in the back of the car, pull the ribbon through the holes and tie knots on the inside.
Throw on a pair of pants, tee shirt, and baseball hat or check out this cute Little Tykes race car driver costume which also comes with a helmet. You can find it at Walmart or one similar on Amazon for $20.
No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume Materials Needed:
- Acrylic paint, markers, or crayons
- 3-4′ Satin ribbon
- Race Car Driver Costume
- Color Your Own Race Car Box Costume
- Hole punch
Related: Teach Your Child How to Call 911
Bonus Candy Holder:
I taped a shoe box to the inside of my No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume for a convenient candy holder. But don’t forget a backup bag or pumpkin when your tot decides to ditch his boxcar—if they’re under 4, odds are it’s happening. Just have fun and get a few good pictures before they rip it off!
What do you think about my No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume? Would you try it? Do you like to make Halloween costumes? Share your comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Buy on Amazon:
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018