Super Bowl Sunday is almost here! While we’re all gearing up for the big game; making bets on who will win, which commercials will be the most memorable, and who will have a wardrobe malfunction, we can’t forget the snacks! These Football Croissants with Chicken Salad will add the perfect touch of festivity to any Super Bowl party.
Recipe yields 20-25 Football Croissants with Chicken Salad.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Large mixing bowl
Food processor (my favorite)
2 lbs. Baked or grilled chicken breast (I rub Everglades Original Seasoning on chicken and then grill it)
Mini croissants- sliced
1 cup of carrots
4 stalks of celery
¼ cup chopped green onions
Chopped grapes (optional)
¾ cup mayo
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Juice of 1 lime
5 slices of white cheese (ie.Munster, Swiss, or Provolone)
Salt and pepper to taste
If you have a food processor, blitz cooked chicken until desired chunkiness. No food processor? Just chop it up! I like my chicken to be very fine so my toddler can easily gobble it up. Once you have reached your desired texture, spoon the chicken mixture into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Next, blitz the veggies a few times until finely chopped. Add the chopped veggies to the chicken mixture.
Related: 3 Easy Meet Rubs
Next, stir in mayo, mustard, parsley, grapes, and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon chicken salad mixture onto sliced croissants.
Related: DIY Turkey Football Footprint Card
Use the sliced cheese to imitate laces on a football. Cut a 3” stripe of cheese to make the center lace and four .5” stripes to make the cross laces. Gently lay the stripes of cheese on top of each croissant. Arrange on a serving plate and you’re ready to go!
I’d love to know what some of your favorite party foods are. Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- How to Prepare Your Kids for Daylight Savings - October 8, 2018
- Insect Scavenger Hunt - October 1, 2018
- Foaming Orange Volcano - September 24, 2018
- Chocolate Avocado Popsicles - September 10, 2018
- Teach Your Child How to Call 911 - September 4, 2018
- Letter B Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - August 27, 2018
- DIY Stress Relief Balm - August 20, 2018
- Letter A Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - July 24, 2018
- Bye Bye Paci- How to Slowly Wean from the Pacifier - July 16, 2018
- DIY Felt Magnetic Fishing Game - July 9, 2018