Super Bowl Sunday is almost here! While we’re all gearing up for the big game; making bets on who will win, which commercials will be the most memorable, and who will have a wardrobe malfunction, we can’t forget the snacks! These Football Croissants with Chicken Salad will add the perfect touch of festivity to any Super Bowl party.
Recipe yields 20-25 Football Croissants with Chicken Salad.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Large mixing bowl
Food processor (my favorite)
2 lbs. Baked or grilled chicken breast (I rub Everglades Original Seasoning on chicken and then grill it)
Mini croissants- sliced
1 cup of carrots
4 stalks of celery
¼ cup chopped green onions
Chopped grapes (optional)
¾ cup mayo
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Juice from 1 lime
5 slices of white cheese (ie.Munster, Swiss, or Provolone)
Salt and pepper to taste
If you have a food processor, blitz cooked chicken until desired chunkiness. No food processor? Just chop it up! I like my chicken to be very fine so my toddler can easily gobble it up. Once you have reached your desired texture, spoon the chicken mixture into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Next, blitz the veggies a few times until finely chopped. Add the chopped veggies to the chicken mixture.
Next, stir in mayo, mustard, parsley, grapes, and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon chicken salad mixture onto sliced croissants.
Use the sliced cheese to imitate laces on a football. Cut a 3” stripe of cheese to make the center lace and four .5” stripes to make the cross laces. Gently lay the stripes of cheese on top of each croissant. Arrange on a serving plate and you’re ready to go!
I’d love to know what some of your favorite party foods are. Share in the comments below.
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017
- Easy Sesame Pork Stir Fry - August 7, 2017
- 10 DIY Summer Popsicles - July 31, 2017
- Beach Vacation Packing List for a Toddler - July 24, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Donate to Schools - July 17, 2017