Super Bowl Sunday is almost here! While we’re all gearing up for the big game; making bets on who will win, which commercials will be the most memorable, and who will have a wardrobe malfunction, we can’t forget the snacks! These Football Croissants with Chicken Salad will add the perfect touch of festivity to any Super Bowl party.
Recipe yields 20-25 Football Croissants with Chicken Salad.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Large mixing bowl
Food processor (my favorite)
2 lbs. Baked or grilled chicken breast (I rub Everglades Original Seasoning on chicken and then grill it)
Mini croissants- sliced
1 cup of carrots
4 stalks of celery
¼ cup chopped green onions
Chopped grapes (optional)
¾ cup mayo
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Juice from 1 lime
5 slices of white cheese (ie.Munster, Swiss, or Provolone)
Salt and pepper to taste
If you have a food processor, blitz cooked chicken until desired chunkiness. No food processor? Just chop it up! I like my chicken to be very fine so my toddler can easily gobble it up. Once you have reached your desired texture, spoon the chicken mixture into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Next, blitz the veggies a few times until finely chopped. Add the chopped veggies to the chicken mixture.
Next, stir in mayo, mustard, parsley, grapes, and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon chicken salad mixture onto sliced croissants.
Use the sliced cheese to imitate laces on a football. Cut a 3” stripe of cheese to make the center lace and four .5” stripes to make the cross laces. Gently lay the stripes of cheese on top of each croissant. Arrange on a serving plate and you’re ready to go!
I’d love to know what some of your favorite party foods are. Share in the comments below.
- 5 Easy Ways to Donate to Schools - July 17, 2017
- 9 Ways to Reduce Household Plastic Waste - July 10, 2017
- Independence Day No-Bake Playdoh - July 3, 2017
- Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas - June 26, 2017
- Must Have Baby Gear Items - June 19, 2017
- DIY Father’s Day Space Ship Footprint Card - June 14, 2017
- DIY Wooden Growth Chart - June 5, 2017
- Low Carb Meatzza - May 30, 2017
- 5 Overnight Oatmeal Recipes - May 22, 2017
- 6 Tips for Planning a Baptism - May 15, 2017