Spring is here! The birds are chirping, snow is melting, and the days are feeling longer. This is a true sign that Easter is just around the corner. If you’ve got kids, then you’re probably already shopping for Easter basket stuffers, planning the great Easter egg hunt, and stashing away your pennies for the post-Easter dental visit.
These Easter Egg Bunnies are a great spring project that can be done with or without your kids. If you make these eggs with your kids they can gift them to their friends or teachers. If you make them in secret, at night while they’re sound asleep, stuff them in their Easter baskets or hide them for an Easter egg hunt. They also make a cute little decoration for your home or office.
Easter Egg Bunnies- Materials Needed
-Plastic Easter Eggs ($1 at Dollar Tree or $1.98 at Walmart. These eggs have the precut holes at the top which come in handy for this project)
-Hot Glue Gun
-White Foam Paper (.33 at Walmart)
-Colored Pom Poms ($1 at Dollar Tree)
-White Drawing Paper
-Colored Paper (cardstock or construction paper)
-Permanent Black Marker (fine tip)
-Snacks/Candy of your choice
1. Draw ears on white paper. Cut out and trace as many sets of ears as you need. Make sure the base of your bunny ear is thin like mine. It will be folded slightly and slid through the holes on top of the egg.
2. Next, draw on colored paper the inside of bunny ears. I used colored cardstock. Cut out and trace as many sets as you need. I color coordinated my ears with the color of egg I was using (ie. pink egg, pink paper).
3. Glue the colored inside piece to the white ear using Elmers or a glue stick. Repeat on all ears.
4. Draw on your white foam paper a bunny paw like mine. Cut out and trace as many sets of paws as you need.
5. Prep glue gun. Lay out all your ears and paws while waiting for the gun to heat up. You can also lay out your pom-poms, which will be used as a bushy bunny tail. I also color coordinated the tails to match the color of the egg (ie. green egg, green ear, & green pom pom).
6. First, slightly fold the bunny ears and slide the base through each hole at the top of your egg. Tip: The cheapy eggs all have precut holes at the top and bottom.
7. Next, glue the ears to the egg from the inside. Apply glue to a toothpick first and then dabbed the glue inside because it’s a little difficult to get a good angle with the gun.
8. To adhere the paws, lay two next to each other so they are touching at the front and apart at the back. Apply glue to the thinner parts of the paws and then gently press egg on top of the paw.
9. Using your Sharpie, draw 3 lines on each paw.
10 . Next, apply a dab of glue to a pom pom and attach it to the back of the egg just below the opening. You want the pom pom to act as a “third leg” so to speak, propping the egg up so it can stand by itself.
Lastly, and probably the most fun if you’re making these with children, use a Sharpie to draw a bunny face on your egg complete with eyes, whiskers, and a nose. You might be surprised by what kind of funny faces your kids can come up with. Stuff your eggs with goodies and gift them to friends and family. These Easter Egg Bunnies are also a cute little surprise your kids won’t be expecting on their egg hunt!
Check back next week for Candy Free Easter Egg Stuffers.
How did your Easter Egg Bunnies turn out? Share pictures in the comments below. #FUAPTBUNNIES
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Bye Bye Paci- How to Slowly Wean from the Pacifier - July 16, 2018
- DIY Felt Magnetic Fishing Game - July 9, 2018
- Vacation Countdown Calendar for Kids - July 2, 2018
- Guide to the Best Potty Training Chairs and Seats - June 25, 2018
- How to Teach a Toddler the Alphabet - June 18, 2018
- Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste - June 11, 2018
- 17 Best Cloth Diapering Accessories - June 4, 2018
- Homemade Coconut Aluminum-Free Deodorant - May 29, 2018
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018
- 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips - May 18, 2018