Do you ever see something at the store and think “I can make that”? I literally do that all the time and everyone always rolls their eyes because… can I really make that? Well over the weekend mom and I saw a really cute Christmas ornament and I said my signature catchphrase.
When I started explaining how we could actually make the ornament, I realized I’ve made something very similar before.I was instantly brought back to my days in the National Art Honor Society in High School. Back then we were making locker magnets and selling them to classmates, trying to raise money for art supplies.
Now it’s a fun little project for a rainy day. Make adorable emoji magnets or funky letters to arrange on the fridge.
- Mod Podge – Amazon
- Flat Backed Clear Marbles
- Paintbrush *optional
- Magnets – Amazon
- Photos of choiceAmazon
Step 1: Gather the photos you want to use! I printed out some emojis and personal photos. Just be aware that if you’re printing them, they have to be scaled down to fit the marbles.
Step 2: Brush a light layer of Mod Podge on the flat side of the marble.
Step 3: Take your photo of choice and press it on the flat side of the marble, photo side up so it shows through the marble. Smooth out the photo so there are no air bubbles.
Step 4: After Mod Podge is dry on the marble, apply a coat of mod podge to one side of the magnet and stick it to the flat side of the marble. Hold together and let dry.
Repeat each step for however many magnets you want!
These are perfect for dorms, filing cabinets, and the fridge!
Related: 3 Step DIY Distressed PIcture Frame
What do you think of these DIY Custom Magnets? Let me know in the comments below.
- Trying Harry’s Shave Set - October 19, 2017
- Why I Buy Cruelty-Free - October 11, 2017
- Makeup Empties and Reviews - October 4, 2017
- DIY Fall Flower Crowns - September 29, 2017
- Nerdy Wedding Ceremony Ideas - September 27, 2017
- September Ipsy Review - September 22, 2017
- DIY Custom Fridge Magnets - September 20, 2017
- 5 Supernatural Shows to Binge-watch - September 12, 2017
- Planning for Pet Safety in an Emergency - September 6, 2017
- August Playlist Favorites - September 1, 2017