I love to craft and make gifts for people when I can. Especially when it’s something that can be used and doesn’t just end up in a pile of unwanted gifts. I recently attended a baby shower and wanted to make something for the soon-to-be momma of three. I settled on this adorable and easy Diaper Cake with a Bottle of Wine Inside!
More DIY’s: DIY Tin Can Herb Garden
Most Diaper Cakes are made with a paper towel roll inside. Not this one! I knew my dear friend and mom of 3 was going to appreciate a bottle of red when she broke open this cake instead of a piece of cardboard. So I picked out a bottle and got to work.
If you’re a last-minute crafter like I am most of the time, you can knock this Diaper Cake with a Bottle of Wine Inside out in about 3 hours- maybe less if you’re not multitasking by also watching a movie!
More DIY’s: DIY Holiday Stovetop Potpourri
Diaper Cake with a Bottle of Wine Inside- Supplies Needed:
- About 50 Size 1 Diapers
- About 8-10 Newborn Diapers
- Cardboard Base
- Misc Faux Floral (I used 1 floral bundle from Michaels)
- 1 White Rose or color of your choice
- 2 Ribbon colors of your choice- 1 wide, 1 thin
- 1 Thin Ribbon (any color)
- Jute Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Rubber Bands
- Wire Cutters or pliers with wire cutter
- 1 Bottle of Wine or paper towel roll
More DIY’s: DIY Bride-To-Be Pin
- Begin by rolling diapers from the open end inward and secure with a rubber band. You’ll need about 45 rolled size 1 diapers and 8 rolled newborn size diapers.
- Using a large mixing bowl, trace and cut a circle for the cake base. You can also find decorative bases that are precut at most craft stores.
- Hot glue the wine bottle to the base.
- For the first tier, use about (four) 4 size 1 diapers to wrap all around the wine bottle. Secure them with a rubber band.
- Begin lining up diapers around the wine bottle. Create as many layers as you need. I only used 2 layers of diapers on the first tier. It helps to have someone nearby to help hold them up.
- Once both layers are up, tie a piece of ribbon around and double knot it. This ribbon can be any color because it’s going to be covered up by a pretty ribbon.
- Next, repeat the same steps for the second tier.
- Once you reach the third tier, you may only need 1 layer of diapers as I did.
- Using your thickest ribbon, cut to size, wrap around, and secure with hot glue. Do this on all 3 tiers.
- Do the same with the thinner ribbon.
- Using the jute ribbon, finish off with a bow.
- Cut off stems from the floral bundle and stuff on the top, and both sides. Finish off the diaper cake with a large rose. You can also use a toy, a big bow made out of ribbon, rattle, shoes, stuffed animal, pacifier, etc.
Handle with care when transporting and don’t forget to inform the recipient that there is a glass bottle of wine inside.
If you made a diaper cake recently, share pictures and tag us. If you liked this Diaper Cake with a Bottle of Wine Inside, please pin and share!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.