I’ve never really made a bucket list before. For me, I’ve just always done the things I wanted as they come along. If an opportunity comes up to visit a friend or do something fun, I take it without thinking I’m going to cross it off a list later. However, with my trip coming up, I thought it would be fun to start a bucket list (among my many other lists) to drum up ideas and get even more excited about our adventure.
Related: Why Traveling is Good for Your Soul
As I’m thinking about all the things I’d like to do, it made me realize – I’ve done a lot of cool things in my life already some definitely bucket list worthy. So I wanted to make a reverse bucket list and share some of these cool things I’ve already done. I think it’s important when looking to the future to also remember and appreciate past accomplishments and memories.
Related: 5 Eco-Friendly Travel Tips
My Reverse Bucket list:
- Traveled to Europe when I was 16
- Ridden an underground railway
- Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Climbed down the Eiffel Tower via the stairs (704!!!)
- Been to Versailles
- Been to King’s Cross Train Station in England
- Been to an underground lake
- Driven across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge
- Danced on the steps of the Capitol building in Washington D.C.
- Swam in the Gulf of Mexico
- Swam in the Atlantic Ocean
- Ridden a ski lift in the summer
- Seen the North American Great Divide via Loveland Pass, Colorado
- Been to Bourbon Street, New Orleans
- Graduated college with my Bachelors Degree
- Stayed up all night reading books for fun
- Been to a Stanley Cup Playoff Game
- Seen the same band in Concert 25+ times (Dave Matthews Band)
- Met and hugged Boyd Tinsley of the Dave Matthews Band
- Visited Savannah, GA
- Got 2 Tattoos
- Visited Atlantic City, NJ
- Been to the Southernmost Point of the Continental US – Key West, FL
- Been to Disney World
- Attended the Grand Opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Orlando
- Been to Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Been white water rafting in the Rocky Mountains and the Appalachian Mountains
- Visited 13 states
- Got married
- Started a blog with my family
I’m sure I’ve forgotten some but these are definitely some pretty cool ones. You know what else this reminds me to do? Take more photos! I have a bad habit of not taking photos because I want to live in the moment but then I don’t have photos as a remembrance. I need to find the right balance with that.
What’s something cool on your reverse bucket list? Let me know in the comments!
Related: A Week in Colorado – Part 1: Boulder
Christina is a twenty-something living with her beagle, Mash, and husband, Nate in the Tampa Bay Area. She loves traveling, shopping, art, and photography. She’s also a vegetarian, pop-culture enthusiast, book-lover, and Dave Matthews Band fanatic.