If you’re a raw cookie dough lover, like me, then you will love this Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus!
I have no shame in admitting my love of raw cookie dough. I’ve been known to eat an entire sheet of Nestle Tollhouse cookie squares—never actually baking them, as intended. Being that summer is right around the corner and so is beach season I thought I’d table my cookie dough obsession for the season and try out something a little more guilt-free.
This Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus has a similar texture as raw cookie dough and will, for sure, satisfy your sweet craving. I used artificial sweeteners Swerve and vanilla Sweetleaf Sweet drops but you can substitute with pure maple syrup if you’d prefer a more natural sweetener. To make this recipe completely vegan, you can use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips instead of Lily’s.
Dip pretzels, cookies, apple slices or graham crackers in this delicious Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus or just eat right off your spoon (like me)!
Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. Swerve
- 2 squirts liquid Sweetleaf vanilla sweat drops
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cp. chocolate chips (my favorite are either Lily’s unsweetened or Ghirardelli dark chocolate)
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- Add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add more almond butter or water to get desired texture (similar to cookie dough).
- Once desired texture is reached, add chocolate chips and pulse again.
- Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus with apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafer cookies, or my favorite… alone with a spoon!
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
*This recipe can easily be substituted with peanut butter and maple syrup for the sweetener.
Have you tried dessert hummus? Share your comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Buy on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.