Have I mentioned before how much I love the Dave Matthews Band? Every year my husband and I go see them on tour, and one of the best parts is the tailgate! Tailgating before a concert or sporting event is such a great time to be social and hang out with friends and family. It’s the time for food, games, and drinking.
Related: A DMB Kind of Summer
I also view it as a time to make new friends. In 2015 we saw the Dave Matthews Band in Wisconsin at Alpine Valley, the 2nd largest amphitheater in the country. We tailgated all day before the show and then after we decided to fire up the grill again (because it was going to take a while to get out of there). Well, the guys next to us saw us and asked if they could use our grill because theirs got run over. That sparked an instant friendship and they ended up tailgating with us the next day too. And then again in 2016 as well as at other shows.
Before I started going to Dave Matthews Band concerts 8 years ago, I didn’t really know much about tailgating. Now, 31 concerts later, I’d like to think I know a little bit more.
- Camping chairs
Related: The Perfect Summer Sundress
- Firestarter/ Lighter
- Cooking Utensils
- Solo Cups
- Paper Towels/Wet Wipes
- Paper Plates
- Trash bags
- Bottle Opener
- Eating utensils – forks, spoons, knives
Related: My Reverse Bucketlist
- Beer Pong
- Corn Hole
- Ladder Ball
- Bottled Water
- Lots of Ice
I didn’t include any actual food items because I feel like that’s an entirely different, more extensive list. These are just the essentials and things to get you started for your tailgate.
What are your favorite tailgate items? Let me know in the comments below!
- Road to The Gorge – Part 1 - October 17, 2018
- 28 of My Favorite Things! - September 28, 2018
- 28 Songs I Love - September 22, 2018
- 28 Things About Me! - September 14, 2018
- How to Create a Calm Space - August 8, 2018
- Summer Tailgate Essentials - August 1, 2018
- What I’ve been Loving Lately - July 25, 2018
- Top 5 Favorite Travel Destinations – East Coast Edition - July 20, 2018
- A DMB kind of Summer - July 6, 2018
- Update From The Road - June 29, 2018