Summer is the perfect time to plan a vacation, especially a Florida Vacation. The kids are off school and flying is much easier without those winter layers. Tampa is always packed and Orlando is even worse. But it’s all in good fun! Except sometimes when it comes to packing. Sure we all know what to pack – toothbrush, extra underwear, bathing suit – those sorts of things make sense. But when planning for a Florida destination vacation there may be a few extras maybe you didn’t think of.
I recommend the below 5 items to make your Florida vaca a little more comfortable:
- O2Cool Portable Fan – I bought this fan for about $8 at Walmart and it is a little savior! It has a USB and wall port. It’s easy to fit into a suitcase or a backpack. It’s perfect for a white noise sleeping agent as well as simply keeping cool on a warm day. I’ve come to love the fan my fiancé can’t sleep without at home, so this little fan on vacation has saved the day on many occasions. You can also find them on in lots of variations on Amazon.
- Sunscreen – It may be a staple for us Florida natives but if you’re not from somewhere where the UV index is a 9+ (seriously, FL UV Index) then you definitely need to invest in the good stuff. And by good stuff, I mean something with Captain American on the bottle.
- Umbrella – This is something us Floridians know a little about. Classic Florida weather, sun shining without a cloud in sight. An hour later the sky is black and clouds are everywhere. It will probably only rain for 20 minutes. And then an hour later it’s raining again. But that’s why this item is a smart choice. And if you’re going to, say, Disney or Busch Gardens or anywhere outside, maybe invest in ponchos as well. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been at a Florida attraction and out of nowhere it starts raining. Summer is our wet season, what can I say?
- Shout Wipe and Go [wipes]* – This is not something I invested in until more recently. I’ve already used most of the pack on this summer’s trips alone. These wipes totally save the day if you happen to, say, spill mustard all over your shirt or get makeup on your white dress. Trust me, you’re on vacation, just make it easier on yourself.
- Poo-Pourri* – This is the most important thing on this list. If you’re on vacation and sharing a hotel room, villa, condo or anything with a SINGLE bathroom then this stuff will change your life. Shake well, one spray BEFORE using the bathroom and it traps odors before they can escape. Again, I say from experience, using this stuff on my last 3 vacations in July alone has saved the day. I bought mine on Amazon but I’ve also seen it at Ulta, Whole Foods, novelty stores, and even their own website!
*Last 2 items are actually best to keep on you at all times, anywhere ever – not just on vacation.
So remember to check the weather if planning a Florida vacation (it probably won’t help) and trust in these 5 items. You might be a bit more prepared and definitely more comfortable if you do.
Be sure to know let me know if any of these items have been helpful to you here in Floridan in the comments below.
Related Post: 3 Guidelines to Help You Start Something New!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- What I am Thankful For - November 22, 2017
- DIY Holiday Potpourri Gift Jar - November 16, 2017
- DIY Yarn Pumpkin Wreath - November 9, 2017
- DIY Glam Makeup Storage - November 2, 2017
- October Ipsy Review - October 26, 2017
- Trying Harry’s Shave Set - October 19, 2017
- Why I Buy Cruelty-Free - October 11, 2017
- Makeup Empties and Reviews - October 4, 2017
- DIY Fall Flower Crowns - September 29, 2017
- Nerdy Wedding Ceremony Ideas - September 27, 2017