DIY Puking Skeleton
Check out this must-have spooky DIY Puking Skeleton halloween decoration! It’s a fun family project to add to this year’s Halloween decoration rotation and it will have all your neighbors totally spooked!
I recently found this Toxic Waste Halloween decoration on Instagram with a short little video that was kind of hard to hear and follow but I was totally intrigued. My family and I love making Halloween decorations so this one was a must-try. If you’re into DIY Halloween decor or just spookifying up your lawn this Halloween, check out this easy DIY tutorial complete with lists and links. I’ve simplified the tutorial and snapped pics of each step to make it as easy to follow as possible.
Related: Amazon Fall Porch Decor
What Do I Need to Buy?
Most of everything you need to make this DIY Puking Skeleton Halloween Decoration- most of which you can get on Amazon or your local hardware store.
Create your own DIY Puking Skeleton:
- Round Trash Can (Lowes or Home Depot)
- 550 GPM Submersible Pump
- 60′ Posable Skeleton
- Green Glow in the Dark Acrylic Paint
- 10′ x 3/4” Clear Flexible Tube (inner diameter needs to be 3/4″ or 1″)
- 8″ Zip Ties
- 2- 4 Yellow Highlighters
- 1″ Flat Drill Bit
- Toxic Waste & Biohazard Stickers
Related: Halloween Jello Rescue
DIY Puking Skeleton Tutorial:
- Drill a 1″ hole in the back of the trash can, about 1′ up from the bottom. You want it large enough to feed the tubing through.
- Apply the glow in the glow-in-the-dark green paint around the top of the trash can. Lean the trash can to the side while applying the paint. When finished, allow the can to stand upright so it drip dries for 24 hours. Drip drying will give the effect in the picture.
- Once the paint is dry, apply TOXIC WASTE and BIOHAZARD decals.
- Place in the yard or desired spot and fill with water. Fill to just under the drilled hole.
- Remove the ink sticks from 2-4 yellow highlighters (cut the marker open) and toss them into the water.
- Place the submersible pump in water and feed the clear tube through the trash can. Attach one end of the tube to the submersible pump.
- Bend the skeleton at the knees so it looks like the skeleton is hovering over the trash can- Puking! Zip-tie skeleton hands to the trash can handles.
- Feed the end of the tube that is coming out of the back of the trash can through the skeleton from the torso up to the mouth. Zip tie the tube to the skeleton’s spine. To make it appear as though the skeleton is throwing up, don’t feed the tube through the mouth or else it will stream out not giving it the “throwing up” effect. Point the tube upward in the mouth instead of through the mouth. Play with it until you get the desired effect- it helps to have the pump on while figuring out the placement so the water is coming out of the tube.
- Secure a black light to one or both of the trash can handles and place one or two in front pointing at the trash can.
Related: 15 Halloween Kids Lunch Ideas
DON’T ALLOW CHILDREN TO DRINK THE WATER AS IT CONTAINS HIGHLIGHTER INK!
Click below to get the BIOHAZARD & TOXIC WASTE DECALS.
What is one of your favorite DIY Halloween Decorations? If you liked this post, please pin and share!
Find More Halloween Stuff in our Etsy Printables Shop
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.