If you’ve read some of my older posts, you know my 3 year-old-son is obsessed with cars. I imagine most little boys his age are so, with Christmas right around the corner, I decided to make my little guy this DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree. Now he has hisown tree to decorate and mommy has hers!
Related: Christmas Lollipop Candies
You can find all of the materials for this DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree from just 2 places—Amazon and Walmart. If you hurry, you might still be able to get this cheap little tree for less than $10 from Walmart! It was a little tricky at first but eventually, I figured out how to turn some of my son’s Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars into ornaments. You can do as many as you like, but I just bought 24 ornament caps on Amazon and then hot glued them to his old cars.
Related: DIY Wooden Growth Chart
At first, he was a little upset to see what mommy had done to his cars but he got over it real quick once he figured out what we were doing with them. To add a little something extra, I turned traffic sign stickers into ornaments and topped off the DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree with a monster truck!
We keep the tree in my son’s room on a timer so he can enjoy it every night! Want to make your own DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree? Follow these easy instructions below.
- 3’ Christmas Tree
- White LED Lights-100ct
- 24 Hot Wheels Cars
- Metal Ornament Hooks-100ct
- 1 Mini Monster Truck
- Traffic Sign Stickers
- White Foam Board
- 2-3” Black Ribbon
- Yellow or White Acrylic Paint & Brush
- Ornament Caps
- Hot Glue Gun
Related: DIY Snowman Ornaments
- Using yellow or white acrylic paint, paint lines down a 4-5′ strand of black ribbon to look like a road.
- Attach ornament caps to 24 hot wheels cars using hot glue. Hook each car.
- Peel traffic sign stickers and attach to white foam board.
- Next, cut out each traffic sign. I used the foam board is used to give the traffic sign stickers more support. Next, glue hooks to the back of each sticker. I used about 30 stickers.
- Wrap your Christmas tree with lights and road ribbon. Next, hang your Hot Wheels Car and traffic sign ornaments.
- Finish off your DIY Hot Wheels Themed Christmas Tree with a mini monster truck.
Do you have a themed Christmas Tree? Share your comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Buy on Amazon:
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.