If you’ve read some of my older posts, you know my 3 year-old-son is obsessed with cars. I imagine most little boys his age are so, with Christmas right around the corner, I decided to make my little guy this DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree. Now he has hisown tree to decorate and mommy has hers!
Related: Christmas Lollipop Candies
You can find all of the materials for this DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree from just 2 places—Amazon and Walmart. If you hurry, you might still be able to get this cheap little tree for less than $10 from Walmart! It was a little tricky at first but eventually, I figured out how to turn some of my son’s Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars into ornaments. You can do as many as you like, but I just bought 24 ornament caps on Amazon and then hot glued them to his old cars.
Related: DIY Wooden Growth Chart
At first, he was a little upset to see what mommy had done to his cars but he got over it real quick once he figured out what we were doing with them. To add a little something extra, I turned traffic sign stickers into ornaments and topped off the DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree with a monster truck!
We keep the tree in my son’s room on a timer so he can enjoy it every night! Want to make your own DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree? Follow these easy instructions below.
- 3’ Christmas Tree
- White LED Lights-100ct
- 24 Hot Wheels Cars
- Metal Ornament Hooks-100ct
- 1 Mini Monster Truck
- Traffic Sign Stickers
- White Foam Board
- 2-3” Black Ribbon
- Yellow or White Acrylic Paint & Brush
- Ornament Caps
- Hot Glue Gun
Related: DIY Snowman Ornaments
- Using yellow or white acrylic paint, paint lines down a 4-5′ strand of black ribbon to look like a road.
- Attach ornament caps to 24 hot wheels cars using hot glue. Hook each car.
- Peel traffic sign stickers and attach to white foam board.
- Next, cut out each traffic sign. I used the foam board is used to give the traffic sign stickers more support. Next, glue hooks to the back of each sticker. I used about 30 stickers.
- Wrap your Christmas tree with lights and road ribbon. Next, hang your Hot Wheels Car and traffic sign ornaments.
- Finish off your DIY Hot Wheels Themed Christmas Tree with a mini monster truck.
Do you have a themed Christmas Tree? Share your comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Buy on Amazon:
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Kids for Daylight Savings - October 8, 2018
- Insect Scavenger Hunt - October 1, 2018
- Foaming Orange Volcano - September 24, 2018