Last year, for our anniversary, my husband gave me one of the best gifts he’s ever gotten me…a closet makeover! For the past 9 years, we’ve had the same closet with the standard wire racks all around the top. While this type of closet design is fine for most, my husband and I had been using separate closets for the past 9 years- me using our master bedroom closet and him using our son’s playroom closet. We both have way too many clothes and shoes and not enough space so it was time for a change! After multiple rack falls and fixes, Ireorganized our tired old closet and gave it a much needed makeover.
Related: Food Pantry Organization Tips
At first we considered having a closet company come in and do the redesign but after some research and a lot of YouTube videos, my husband decided to buy the materials from Lowes and do the install himself. There are so many kits, rods, and brackets to choose from it can get kind of confusing. Below I’ve listed the items we used to build and redesign our master bedroom closet.
You can find canvas bins just about anywhere- Target, The Container store, Ikea, Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Goods, and Tj Maxx. I got mine reasonably priced from Target. These are great for odds and ends that don’t get used daily. In mine, I store my purses/clutches, winter gear, flips flops, belts, and travel gear. You can also find mini chalkboard signs to label your bins on Amazon. A nice throw rug, stool, laundry basket, and light will bring the whole closet together.
Related: Nursery Closet Organization
Closet Kit Materials:
- 2- 8’ X 7” Easy Track White Wood Closet Kits
- 1- 2’ X 7” Easy Track White Wood Closet Kit
- 24” X 4” X 14” Drawer Unit
- 2- 24” X 8” X 14” Drawer Unit
- 1- 24” X 11” X 14” Chrome Wire Basket
- 7- 24” X 14” White Wood Closet Shelf Kit
- 35” X 14” White Wood Closet Shelf Kit
Additional Closet Reorganization Items:
Related: How to Make Decluttering Easier
Unfortunately, there are no instructions when buying these closet kits from Lowes. If you have a knack for building things, check out some YouTube videos and you can easily assemble your own closet kit. My husband was able to put ours together in just one weekend. You’ll also need to have a good circular saw.
Have you done a closet makeover/ reorganization project lately? I’d love to hear some of your ideas-please share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Buy on Amazon:
- DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower - January 29, 2019
- Bedroom Closet Reorganization Tips - January 23, 2019
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018