Years ago, we used to make treats for our dogs all the time, but it never occurred to me to try making them for our cats. I don’t know about you, but our cats can be so darn picky! After some experimenting, I finally came up with the perfect homemade cat treats made from tuna! Apparently, they are delicious because all four of our sweet tabbies love them.
Tuna Cat Treats Ingredients:
- 1 5 oz can tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Banana, mashed
- Parchment Paper
More Posts: 5 Ways to Keep Birds Safe and Healthy
Tuna Cat Treats Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Tear off parchment paper to match the length of the cookie sheet you will be using. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients.
- The dough will shape into a ball and be somewhat tacky.
- Place dough onto parchment paper.
- Cut another piece of parchment paper and place it over the dough ball.
- Flatten the dough out with your hand somewhat then roll out with a rolling pin until about ¼” thick.
- Place the parchment paper with flattened dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until firm and golden.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into small squares or triangle shapes with a pizza cutter.
- Store in refrigerator.
More Recipes for Pets: Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
Not only will your cats love these DIY Tuna Cat Treats, but so will your wallet. They’re inexpensive to make and you probably have most ingredients in your kitchen pantry already. Make these simple, quick, and healthy snacks for your cats, and your fur babies will be purring up a storm and begging for more!
Did you make these DIY Tuna Cat Treats for your fur babies? What is your cat’s favorite treat? If you like this, please like, pin, and share.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.