I’m always on the lookout for a quick and easy dinner recipe. My wheelhouse is 5 ingredients or less! After working all day and taking care of a 2-year-old, I desperately need a quick and easy dinner recipe or odds are I’m not cooking.
To be honest, I don’t do a lot of the cooking. My husband and I share a lot of the responsibilities when it comes to the housecleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. But when it comes to meal prep, he does about 99% of the cooking.
Before our son was born and before my pregnancy, cooking was split 50/50. But I had a rough pregnancy and I was sick about 90% of the time so it was during this time that the cooking responsibilities shifted solely to my husband. Then, when J was born I took on the role of primary caregiver, as I take my son to work with me every day. I run a business with my parents so I’m lucky enough to do this. How I do it- that’s a post for another day.
So, by the time I get home from work, feeding J is my first priority. If I’m home early enough, and he eats without putting up a fight or making a disaster of the kitchen then I’m all for cooking. As long as I have a recipe to follow and all the ingredients are in the pantry. I’m not a fly by night kinda chef. I laugh as I type the word chef because I’m far from it. I need simple and I need quick. And preferably less than 5 ingredients to make a good quality meal that doesn’t involve a whole lot of thought or prep.
This Sesame Pork Stir Fry is perfect not only because it has 5 ingredients, but also because it’s so delicious, even my son loves it. Although it’s a bit high in sodium, I admit I feel a tad guilty when he eats it but not so much that I stop him. Serve it with a side of …. And the whole family will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
Sesame Pork Stir Fry Ingredients:
-1 lb. ground pork or turkey, thawed
-1 bag Green Giant frozen riced veggies
-2 ½ tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
-2 tsp. sesame seeds
-5 cloves of minced garlic
-1/2 tsp. onion powder
Sesame Pork Stir Fry Directions
- In a large pan, cook ground pork on medium heat until fully cooked. Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain and set aside meat in separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, and herbs.
- Sauté garlic with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Mix in frozen veggies and cook until soft.
- Add meat to veggie mixture.
- Stir in herb mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, garnish with chopped scallions if desired, and serve.
Dinner is served in 8 simple steps. When I’m out of ground pork, I also make this recipe with ground turkey. For a vegetarian option, try meatless crumbles in place of the meat. My sister, who is a vegetarian, loves MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles.
What’s your favorite go-to quick dinner recipe? Did you try out my Sesame Pork Stir Fry? Share in the comments below.
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018
- 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips - May 18, 2018
- DIY Coconut Larabars - May 14, 2018
- How to Use a Prefold Diaper on Your Baby - May 7, 2018
- Shape Recognition Activity - April 30, 2018
- DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play - April 23, 2018
- Toddler Bath Caddy - April 16, 2018
- Paper Plate Handprint Mother’s Day Card - April 9, 2018
- Tips for Child Proofing Your Home - April 2, 2018
- Progresso Soup Stuffed Peppers - March 26, 2018